Pathways Strategic Teaching Center
- Pathways Strategic Teaching Center is a comprehensiveeducationand treatment program in Rhode Island, which serviceschildren withautism and other developmental disorders.
- The strategies are based on the principles of behavioranalysisand provides scientifically validated,evidenced-based,individualized treatment to individuals andfamilies across school,home and community.
- Pathways also provides consultation and training servicestocommunities within the Southern New England Region.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ASD, Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Learning Disabilities, Social/Emotional and Behavioral, Speech and Language Impairment, Traumatic Brain Injury and other Health-Related Impairments|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Pathways education and treatment strategies are based ontheprinciples of Applied Behavior Analysis, an organizedandsystematic approach that has been demonstrated effectiveinbuilding skills as well as assessing and treating problembehavior.Individually tailored curricula address speech andlanguage,pre-academic and academic skills, daily living andself-careskills, play and social skills, and assessment andtreatment ofchallenging behavior. A one-to-one ratio of teachers tostudents istypically utilized, although small and large groupactivities maybe provided for students who achieve the skills tolearn in suchsettings. A comprehensive system of student evaluationallows fordaily refinement of student lessons.Pathways teachingstaff receiveregular supervision and training from Master's andDoctoral levelbehavior analysts to ensure teaching and treatmentintegrity.Pathways also provides regular consultation to parentsand localeducational agencies to assist in generalizing progresstoenvironments beyond the classroom.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lincoln Grades: 3-11 | 19 students
365 River Rd
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)781-4380 19.1 3-11
- Warwick Grades: 1-10 | 18 students
116 Long St
Warwick, RI 02886
(401)732-1540 7.5 1-10
- Chepachet Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
63 Harmony Hill Rd
Chepachet, RI 02814
(401)949-0690 17.8 6-12
- Cranston Grades: K | 76 students
665 Dyer Ave
Cranston, RI 02920
(401)942-2388 10.8 K
- East Greenwich Grades: PK-12 | 47 students
800 Quaker Ln
East Greenwich, RI 02818
(401)886-6653 3.8 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.