Jordan Lake Sudbury School
- Jordan Lake Sudbury School is a democratic school for students from kindergarten through high school.
- The school is based on a philosophy of education pioneered by the Sudbury Valley School in Framingham, MA in 1968.
- Our fundamental belief is that all children are curious by nature and the most valuable and profound learning takes place when initiated and pursued by the students in a way that makes the most sense to them.
- Students of all ages are free to decide for themselves how to spend their days.
- All learning styles and all types of pursuits are valued here.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||8 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: PK-10 | 176 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919)465-2113 3.2 PK-10
- Charlotte Grades: 7-12 | 25 students
Po Box 19649
Charlotte, NC 28219
(704)521-4977 123.2 7-12
- Wake Forest Grades: PK-K | 58 students
260 Horizon Drive
Wake Forest, NC 27587
(919)848-1280 11.1 PK-K
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.