Jordan Lake Sudbury School
- Jordan Lake Sudbury School is a democratic school for students from kindergarten through high school.
- The school is based on a philosophy of education pioneered by the Sudbury Valley School in Framingham, MA in 1968.
- Our fundamental belief is that all children are curious by nature and the most valuable and profound learning takes place when initiated and pursued by the students in a way that makes the most sense to them.
- Students of all ages are free to decide for themselves how to spend their days.
- All learning styles and all types of pursuits are valued here.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||8 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: PK-10 | 176 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919)465-2113 3.2 PK-10
- Charlotte Grades: 7-12 | 25 students
Po Box 19649
Charlotte, NC 28219
(704)521-4977 123.2 7-12
- Wake Forest Grades: PK-K | 58 students
260 Horizon Drive
Wake Forest, NC 27587
(919)848-1280 11.1 PK-K
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.