Keshet Day Schools
- Keshet Day School provides education in specially adapted classes designed to meet students' specific educational needs.
- The Keshet Day Schools have achieved a national reputation as an outstanding program for children with developmental disabilities.
- When possible, students are integrated into host site's classes. Both academic and recreational integrated opportunities are based on individual's needs and abilities.
- Keshet students spend a large part of their day with the typically developing students of these schools.
- Educational programs are tailored to each child's personal abilities as prescribed in an individual curriculum.
- Social workers, psychologists and an integration coordinator work with teachers, aides and students.
- A specialist works with children who use computerized talking devices to speak, and also trains staff to enhance the students' communication skills.
- In addition, on-site occupational, physical and speech therapists work with those children needing these services.
- Several of our students are able to integrate into academic classes while some are integrated into art, music and physical education. All students are fully integrated for lunch and recess.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Council for Exceptional Children
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Heights Grades: K-12 | 93 students
2525 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
(847) 803-1550 9.4 K-12
- Blue Island Grades: 4-12 | 8 students
1962 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
(708) 389-8137 33.9 4-12
- Palatine Grades: 4-12 | 75 students
865 E Wilmette Rd
Palatine, IL 60074
(847) 359-8690 10 4-12
- Northbrook Grades: K-12 | 16 students
3444 Dundee Rd
Northbrook, IL 60062
(847) 504-8261 2.1 K-12
- Chicago Grades: Inquire with school | 56 students
1912 W 103rd St
Chicago, IL 60643
(773) 881-1005 30.2 Inquire with school
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.