Kids Co-op Preschool
- Kids' Co-op Preschool has been serving Las Vegas Families for over thirty-five years.
- We are a licensed, self-funded, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. We are a parent cooperative which means that parents are active and essential partners with our certified teachers in the running of the school.
- Parents work as teaching assistants, maintain the buildings and grounds, and organize fundraisers.
- We are committed to enriching the lives of Las Vegas children and strengthening their families through developmentally appropriate preschool and kindergarten programs, through parent education and through community service.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on class session see website for breakdown and options|
- Kids' Co-op HistoryKids' Co-Op is a non-profit, non-sectarian cooperative school established in 1982 with a grant from the Junior League of Las Vegas. The school was modeled after the Child Development Lab at the Community College of Southern Nevada, and is also part of the nationwide network of parent cooperatives that began over 40 years ago. A fully licensed Kindergarten program was added in the 2003-2004 school year and continued until 2016. Cooperative PhilosophyKids' Co-Op is a joint effort of parents who govern the school, and the director and teachers, who oversee the educational programs. Parental education and involvement are central to the school`s philosophy. Parents at Kids' Co-Op learn to efficiently nurture social, physical, emotional, and intellectual development of their children. The cooperative experience also serves as a model for parental involvement throughout a child's educational career.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: NS-K | 30 students
2301 Las Verdes Street
Las Vegas, NV 89102
(702)871-0600 6.3 NS-K
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-K | 108 students
2121 Harbor Island Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702)255-5657 4.8 PK-K
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-K | 116 students
6863 W Lone Mountain Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89108
(702)395-7333 2.1 PK-K
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.