Kids Co-op Preschool
Kids' Co-op Preschool has been serving Las Vegas Families for over thirty-five years.
We are a licensed, self-funded, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. We are a parent cooperative which means that parents are active and essential partners with our certified teachers in the running of the school.
Parents work as teaching assistants, maintain the buildings and grounds, and organize fundraisers.
We are committed to enriching the lives of Las Vegas children and strengthening their families through developmentally appropriate preschool and kindergarten programs, through parent education and through community service.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 66 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Tuition varies depending on class session see website for breakdown and options
- Kids' Co-op HistoryKids' Co-Op is a non-profit, non-sectarian cooperative school established in 1982 with a grant from the Junior League of Las Vegas. The school was modeled after the Child Development Lab at the Community College of Southern Nevada, and is also part of the nationwide network of parent cooperatives that began over 40 years ago. A fully licensed Kindergarten program was added in the 2003-2004 school year and continued until 2016. Cooperative PhilosophyKids' Co-Op is a joint effort of parents who govern the school, and the director and teachers, who oversee the educational programs. Parental education and involvement are central to the school`s philosophy. Parents at Kids' Co-Op learn to efficiently nurture social, physical, emotional, and intellectual development of their children. The cooperative experience also serves as a model for parental involvement throughout a child's educational career.
Endorse Kids Co-op Preschool. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.