- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 116 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Children’s Home is a private, not-for-profit, non-sectarian, multiple program, and social service organization. Established in 1866, our organization is committed to community-based, family-focused programs. We serve over 1,000 children and families each month and operate from 4 locations. We are governed by a 25-member voluntary Board of Directors. Children’s Home employs approximately 400 full and part-time staff in the professions of education, social work, psychology, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, child care counseling, therapeutic recreation, and nursing, as well as a variety of support staff. Additional professional services such as medical, dental, psychological and psychiatric care are sought through community resources. Children’s Home is certified by the Illinois State Board of Education; accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, Inc., and also by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools; and licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. Kiefer School is a non-public instituion serving students K-12 from appoximately a 60 mile radius of Peoria. Each student receives individualized instruction and related services, including speech therapy, occupational therapy and mental health counseling. Class sizes are limited to a maximum of 9 students with at least 2 full time staff members in each room.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Kiefer School?
Endorse Kiefer School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards