Knoxville Baptist Christian
- Since 1973, Knoxville Baptist Christian School has served the families of Knoxville, Tennessee, providing the finest education from a Christian perspective.
- KBCS is a ministry of Knoxville Baptist Tabernacle, Bro. Tony Greene, pastor.
- Ours is a traditional day school, offering grades K3 through 12.
- We use materials from A Beka, Bob Jones Press, and Saxon.
- KBCS is a member of the Tennessee Association of Christian Schools.
- KBCS students performed a Christmas play and music to a large audience on December 15.
- Mrs. Pugh directed the program, which emphasized the day to day importance of using our opportunities to serve the Lord.
- KBCS students in grade three through six performed at Hillcrest South Nursing Home as part of its Christmas celebration.
- Under the direction of Miss Gillenwaters and accompanied on the piano by Mrs. Shultz, the group sang about a dozen Christmas songs for the room full of senior citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-11|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Grades: NS-12 | 384 students
2329 Prosser Rd
Knoxville, TN 37914
(865)521-6054 1.6 NS-12
- Knoxville Grades: K-12 | 169 students
4615 Asheville Highway
Knoxville, TN 37914
(865)525-7807 2.6 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.