River's Edge Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- River's Edge is a K4 - 12th private Christian school providing core curriculum instruction in a four-hour classroom day with afternoon electives available in the upper grades. Three days are on campus and two days are at home.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||382 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Computer Science, Dual Enrollment Apologetics, Dual Enrollment Calculus, Dual Enrollment College Writing, Dual Enrollment College Writing 2, Dual Enrollment Pre-Calculus, Dual Enrollment Worldview|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy pants, skirts or shorts and solid colored polos for upper academy. Not specific for lower academy.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition discounts offered for siblings in the same family. Tuition for HS is based on number of classes taken.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brian Beemer|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Lego, LifeSong, Prayer Groups, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Enrichment for Elementary, Band, Keyboarding Enrichment for Elementary
- River's Edge is a K4 - 12th private school providing core curriculum instruction in a four-hour classroom day with afternoon electives available in the upper grades. This schedule allows students time to develop their individual God-given gifts while enjoying family life and learning in various settings. As a college-prepatory school striving for academic excellence, RECA has a certified NAUMS high school which is accredited through AdvancED. Our K4-8th grade lower academy and our 9th-12th grade upper academy are both ACSI members. We are currently working on accreditation for our lower academy.
- The schedule for on-campus learning is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from approximately 8:25 a.m. until 12:25 p.m. for elementary school and 8:30 to 1:10 for Middle and High School with afternoon electives going to 3:20 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays are home instruction days for all grades.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Grades: 1-12 | 30 students
2434 E 5th Ave
Knoxville, TN 37917
(865)524-3211 6.3 1-12
Here you will find a University model school designed to let Mom/Dad assist in the teaching of theor child. This is a great option for those who want to spend time with their children yet are not ready to take on all of the planning of homeschool. The families and teachers/staff are sweet and have been a blessing.
- Posted by Parent - M. Clark
This is our first year at River's Edge. Every week at some point, I tell my husband, "I love our school". The teachers are so caring and committed to our students and they are learning so much, both academically and spiritually. When a teacher stops class to pray for a student, My heart rests easy knowing my child is being completely cared for. And on home study days, I have thorough lesson plans to follow. Should I have a question, I know their teachers are available to answer them. It really is the best of both worlds.
- Posted by Parent - Brittany
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.