River's Edge Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- River's Edge is a K4 - 12th private Christian school providing core curriculum instruction in a four-hour classroom day with afternoon electives available in the upper grades. Three days are on campus and two days are at home.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||382 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Computer Science, Dual Enrollment Apologetics, Dual Enrollment Calculus, Dual Enrollment College Writing, Dual Enrollment College Writing 2, Dual Enrollment Pre-Calculus, Dual Enrollment Worldview|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy pants, skirts or shorts and solid colored polos for upper academy. Not specific for lower academy.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition discounts offered for siblings in the same family. Tuition for HS is based on number of classes taken.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brian Beemer|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Band, Lego, LifeSong, Prayer Groups, Student Council
- River's Edge is a K4 - 12th private school providing core curriculum instruction in a four-hour classroom day with afternoon electives available in the upper grades. This schedule allows students time to develop their individual God-given gifts while enjoying family life and learning in various settings. As a college-prepatory school striving for academic excellence, RECA has a certified NAUMS high school which is accredited through AdvancED. Our K4-8th grade lower academy and our 9th-12th grade upper academy are both ACSI members. We are currently working on accreditation for our lower academy.
- The schedule for on-campus learning is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from approximately 8:25 a.m. until 12:25 p.m. for elementary school and 8:30 to 1:10 for Middle and High School with afternoon electives going to 3:20 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays are home instruction days for all grades.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Grades: 1-11 | 41 students
2434 E 5th Ave
Knoxville, TN 37917
(865)524-3211 6.3 1-11
Here you will find a University model school designed to let Mom/Dad assist in the teaching of theor child. This is a great option for those who want to spend time with their children yet are not ready to take on all of the planning of homeschool. The families and teachers/staff are sweet and have been a blessing.
- Posted by Parent - M. Clark
This is our first year at River's Edge. Every week at some point, I tell my husband, "I love our school". The teachers are so caring and committed to our students and they are learning so much, both academically and spiritually. When a teacher stops class to pray for a student, My heart rests easy knowing my child is being completely cared for. And on home study days, I have thorough lesson plans to follow. Should I have a question, I know their teachers are available to answer them. It really is the best of both worlds.
- Posted by Parent - Brittany
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.