River's Edge Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- River's Edge Christian Academy offers a unique and effective approach to education which blends the concept of home schooling with a traditional Christian education. Together, the classroom teacher and the teacher at home can provide the opportunity for the student to grow and learn under the best conditions.
- We like to think we are the best of both worlds!.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Computer Science, Dual Enrollment Apologetics, Dual Enrollment Calculus, Dual Enrollment College Writing, Dual Enrollment College Writing 2, Dual Enrollment Pre-Calculus, Dual Enrollment Worldview|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code is grade dependent.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition discounts offered for siblings in the same family. Tuition for HS is based on number of classes taken.|
|Admissions Director||Brian Beemer|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Ultimate FrisbeeUltimate Frisbee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
LifeSong, Prayer Groups, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Elementary and middle school students are required to complete 12 hours of school on-campus under the direction of the classroom teacher and 8 hours of school off-campus under the direction of the parent co-teacher each week. The schedule for on-campus learning is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from approximately 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays are home instruction days.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Grades: PK-12 | 923 students
529 Academy Way
Knoxville, TN 37923
(865)813-4225 10.4 PK-12
- Knoxville Grades: 1-11 | 41 students
2434 E 5th Ave
Knoxville, TN 37917
(865)524-3211 2.1 1-11
- Knoxville Grades: PK-12 | 192 students
10825 Yarnell Road
Knoxville, TN 37932
(865)670-0440 13 PK-12
- Knoxville Grades: NS-12 | 49 students
5311 Mckamey Rd
Knoxville, TN 37921
(865)690-1720 6.5 NS-12
- Knoxville Grades: K-12 | 847 students
5914 Beaver Ridge Rd
Knoxville, TN 37931
(865)691-3427 8.9 K-12
Here you will find a University model school designed to let Mom/Dad assist in the teaching of theor child. This is a great option for those who want to spend time with their children yet are not ready to take on all of the planning of homeschool. The families and teachers/staff are sweet and have been a blessing.
- Posted by Parent - M. Clark
This is our first year at River's Edge. Every week at some point, I tell my husband, "I love our school". The teachers are so caring and committed to our students and they are learning so much, both academically and spiritually. When a teacher stops class to pray for a student, My heart rests easy knowing my child is being completely cared for. And on home study days, I have thorough lesson plans to follow. Should I have a question, I know their teachers are available to answer them. It really is the best of both worlds.
- Posted by Parent - Brittany
July 13, 2018
Cindy Springsteen writes for the Long Island Examiner. She and I had a go at a couple of the major issues confronting parents of teens.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.