River's Edge Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- River's Edge Christian Academy offers a unique and effective approach to education which blends the concept of home schooling with a traditional Christian education. Together, the classroom teacher and the teacher at home can provide the opportunity for the student to grow and learn under the best conditions.
- We like to think we are the best of both worlds!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||370 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English, AP US Government & Economics,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code is grade dependent.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition discounts offered for siblings in the same family. Tuition for HS is based on number of classes taken.|
|Admissions Director||Brian Beemer|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Ultimate FrisbeeUltimate Frisbee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Class, Prayer Groups, Ultimate Frisbee 13+ and older Art Class, Prayer Groups, Ultimate Frisbee 13+ and older,|
- Elementary and middle school students are required to complete 12 hours of school on-campus under the direction of the classroom teacher and 8 hours of school off-campus under the direction of the parent co-teacher each week. The schedule for on-campus learning is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from approximately 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays are home instruction days.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- KnoxvilleGrades: PK-12 | 923 students
529 Academy Way
Knoxville, TN 37923
- KnoxvilleGrades: K-12 | 849 students
5914 Beaver Ridge Rd
Knoxville, TN 37931
- KnoxvilleGrades: PK-12 | 80 students
2434 E 5th Ave
Knoxville, TN 37917
- KnoxvilleGrades: K-12 | 382 students
2329 Prosser Rd
Knoxville, TN 37914
- KnoxvilleGrades: K-7 | 228 students
9215 Bob Gray Rd.
Knoxville, TN 37923
Here you will find a University model school designed to let Mom/Dad assist in the teaching of theor child. This is a great option for those who want to spend time with their children yet are not ready to take on all of the planning of homeschool. The families and teachers/staff are sweet and have been a blessing.
- Posted by Parent - M. Clark
This is our first year at River's Edge. Every week at some point, I tell my husband, "I love our school". The teachers are so caring and committed to our students and they are learning so much, both academically and spiritually. When a teacher stops class to pray for a student, My heart rests easy knowing my child is being completely cared for. And on home study days, I have thorough lesson plans to follow. Should I have a question, I know their teachers are available to answer them. It really is the best of both worlds.
- Posted by Parent - Brittany
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.