Christian Academy Of Knoxville
5.00 (4 reviews)
Christian Academy Of Knoxville Photo #4 - See dress rehearsal here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIlo5qNwoY
- Core Values of Christian Academy of Knoxville: Acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of the Scriptures.
- Promote a covenant partnership with Christian families to build authentic Christian community.
- Place an equal importance on academic excellence and spiritual development of students.
- Provide a dynamic college-prep curriculum, programs and activities that develop the whole person for the glory of God.
- Hire, develop, and retain godly faculty and staff who model biblically integrated lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Complete Learning Center Onsite|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||923 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art: 2-D Design, Art: Drawing, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language & Comp., English Literature & Comp., European History, Statistics, US History,|
|Average ACT score||28|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K = $2785 - $6860; K - 5 = $8256 - $9881; 6 - 8 = $11066-; 9 - 12 = 11,823; need-based tuition assistance available; tuition does not include fees; discounted tuition for multiple students.|
|Admissions Director||Stacey Bristow|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Loope|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Choral Ensemble, Chorus, Community Service, Concert Band, Marching Band, Mission Trips, Mu Alpha Theta, Musical Theater, National Honor Society, Scholar's Bowl, Student Senate, Student-Led Bible Studies, TREC Outdoor Club, Twirling|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Young Life
- We, the Board of Trustees, administration and staff of Christian Academy of Knoxville are mindful of God's will that children should be taught the content and practical applications of His Word in every aspect of learning and in every activity of life (Deut. 6:4-9). We firmly believe that a Christian school is essential to the successful completion of these child-training responsibilities. It is this school's purpose to establish an educational institution where students may obtain a sound Christian education - one which allows children to know that God is the central source of knowledge, attitudes and skills.
- We adhere to the following principles which shall govern all activity of the Academy.
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God and the standard by which all knowledge is judged and taught (II Timothy 3:16,17).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (I Peter 1:1b, 2; Luke 3:21, 22).
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (I Cor. 15:3,4; Heb. 1-3).
- We believe that the salvation and redemption of lost and sinful man is possible only through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (Romans 3:21-26).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Gal. 5:22, 23; Rom. 8:4-9).
- We believe that God has given a variety of spiritual gifts (I Cor. 12:4) to all believers according to His sovereign will (1Cor. 12:11) for the building up of the body of Christ (I Cor. 14:12).
- Believers are to be diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Eph. 4:3) that there should be no division in the body (I Cor. 12:25).
- All believers are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ (I Cor. 12:13) and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit from the moment of salvation (Romans 8:9).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:29, Acts 24:15, Matt. 25:46).
- We believe that all believers of our Lord Jesus Christ are united in the Body of Christ (I Cor. 12:12, 13) and are eternally secure in this relationship (John 10:28; Romans 8:35-39).
- We believe that children and adolescents should be disciplined in Christian love (Hebrews 12:6, Rev. 3:19).
- We believe that teaching and learning should be accomplished through the cooperative effort of teachers and parents, for the Bible places primary responsibility for this total education of the child upon the parents (Eph. 6:4; Deut. 6:4-9; Proverbs 22:6).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Grades: PK-12 | 384 students
2329 Prosser Rd
Knoxville, TN 37914
(865)521-6054 13.1 PK-12
Our children have flourished since coming to CAK 3 years ago. We have had a child in each level of the school - elementary, middle and high. The teachers have been well above average. We have also thoroughly enjoyed the athletic program and coaches. Our oldest child is now in college and went 100% prepared because of CAK. It is definitely great to be a CAK Warrior!
- Posted by Parent - Liz
Both of our children have attended CAK from Preschool and into elementary school where our oldest is now. This school is truly a special place; I had heard that but we are continually seeing it. My children are surrounded by teachers who know them and who "get them". They are loved and prayed for and the education they are receiving is unbelievable. My 4 year old tells me things all the time, and I ask "where did you learn that?"..."at school, momma".We have been so blessed and are thankful for the details to our children`s lives that are given in every aspect.
- Posted by Parent - Stephanie
We have absolutely loved our CAK preschool experience. My oldest child did 2 years in the preschool program and my youngest is in his first year there currently. The teachers are so kind and nurturing, which is especially helpful with my super shy child. I love that they are learning a solid academic curriculum along with Bible knowledge and memorizing Bible verses. I am also comforted knowing that my child is making friends with children who come from strong Christian families also. I cannot say enough good things about CAK!
- Posted by Parent - Lauren
As I am finishing this school year in college, at a major SEC school, I have realized how much CAK truly blessed me. The faculty and staff truly care about all of the students, and I am still thankful for how they influenced me in my personal, academic, and spiritual life. CAK not only has an amazing spiritual atmosphere, but it is awesome in academics. I am currently receiving a full ride to my dream college, while excelling in my work. I see my peers struggling to write papers and do basic math problems, but CAK made sure I was ready. As I am getting ready to return to Knoxville and life at home, I can't help but to express my gratitude for everything CAK did for me. I will forever be thankful for the opportunities this school created for me, and would highly encourage anyone to send their child here.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - woodr
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.