Christian Academy Of Knoxville
- Core Values of Christian Academy of Knoxville: Acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of the Scriptures.
- Promote a covenant partnership with Christian families to build authentic Christian community.
- Place an equal importance on academic excellence and spiritual development of students.
- Provide a dynamic college-prep curriculum, programs and activities that develop the whole person for the glory of God.
- Hire, develop, and retain godly faculty and staff who model biblically integrated lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Complete Learning Center Onsite|
|Total Students||1010 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||97 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art: 2-D Design, Art: Drawing, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language & Comp., English Literature & Comp., European History, Statistics, US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K = $2400 - $6100; K - 5 = $8100 - $9700; 6 - 8 = 10,800; 9 - 12 = 11,400; need-based tuition assistance available; tuition does not include fees; discounted tuition for multiple students.|
|Admissions Director||Amy Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Choral Ensemble, Chorus, Community Service, Concert Band, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Marching Band, Mission Trips, Mu Alpha Theta, Musical Theater, National Honor Society, Scholar's Bowl, Student Senate, Student-Led Bible Studies, TREC Outdoor Club, Twirling, Young Life Art Club, Chess Club, Chorus, Concert Band, Marching Band, Mission Trips, Mu Alpha Theta, Scholar's Bowl, Student Senate, Twirling, Young Life, Choral Ensemble,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA),
National Honor Society,
Student-Led Bible Studies,
TREC Outdoor Club,
- We, the Board of Trustees, administration and staff of Christian Academy of Knoxville are mindful of God's will that children should be taught the content and practical applications of His Word in every aspect of learning and in every activity of life (Deut. 6:4-9). We firmly believe that a Christian school is essential to the successful completion of these child-training responsibilities. It is this school's purpose to establish an educational institution where students may obtain a sound Christian education - one which allows children to know that God is the central source of knowledge, attitudes and skills.
- We adhere to the following principles which shall govern all activity of the Academy.
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God and the standard by which all knowledge is judged and taught (II Timothy 3:16,17).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (I Peter 1:1b, 2; Luke 3:21, 22).
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (I Cor. 15:3,4; Heb. 1-3).
- We believe that the salvation and redemption of lost and sinful man is possible only through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (Romans 3:21-26).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Gal. 5:22, 23; Rom. 8:4-9).
- We believe that God has given a variety of spiritual gifts (I Cor. 12:4) to all believers according to His sovereign will (1Cor. 12:11) for the building up of the body of Christ (I Cor. 14:12).
- Believers are to be diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Eph. 4:3) that there should be no division in the body (I Cor. 12:25).
- All believers are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ (I Cor. 12:13) and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit from the moment of salvation (Romans 8:9).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:29, Acts 24:15, Matt. 25:46).
- We believe that all believers of our Lord Jesus Christ are united in the Body of Christ (I Cor. 12:12, 13) and are eternally secure in this relationship (John 10:28; Romans 8:35-39).
- We believe that children and adolescents should be disciplined in Christian love (Hebrews 12:6, Rev. 3:19).
- We believe that teaching and learning should be accomplished through the cooperative effort of teachers and parents, for the Bible places primary responsibility for this total education of the child upon the parents (Eph. 6:4; Deut. 6:4-9; Proverbs 22:6).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KnoxvilleGrades: K-12 | 882 students
5914 Beaver Ridge Rd
Knoxville, TN 37931
KnoxvilleGrades: PK-12 | 986 students
9800 Webb School Ln
Knoxville, TN 37923
KnoxvilleGrades: PK-12 | 192 students
10825 Yarnell Road
Knoxville, TN 37932
KnoxvilleGrades: K-12 | 382 students
2329 Prosser Rd
Knoxville, TN 37914
KnoxvilleGrades: PK-12 | 80 students
2434 E 5th Ave
Knoxville, TN 37917
As I am finishing this school year in college, at a major SEC school, I have realized how much CAK truly blessed me. The faculty and staff truly care about all of the students, and I am still thankful for how they influenced me in my personal, academic, and spiritual life. CAK not only has an amazing spiritual atmosphere, but it is awesome in academics. I am currently receiving a full ride to my dream college, while excelling in my work. I see my peers struggling to write papers and do basic math problems, but CAK made sure I was ready. As I am getting ready to return to Knoxville and life at home, I can't help but to express my gratitude for everything CAK did for me. I will forever be thankful for the opportunities this school created for me, and would highly encourage anyone to send their child here.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - woodr