Lake View Academy was founded forty years ago by a church at the request of a group of neighborhood teens who for various reasons had left their previous high schools and wanted a second chance at school success and graduation.
They had formed ties with some of the church members and believed that the church would provide a quality education for them in a psychologically as well as physically safe environment - things that had been lacking for them in their previous schools. We continue to provide an alternative for students who have become discouraged in traditional high schools. .
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Average ACT score
Classroom Dress Code
school T shirt
school T shirt
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Sliding scale. Max $10,000 Min $500 Most pay monthly
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Principal or counselor
- The best way to get a feel for this school is to visit. Visitors welcome between 9:00 & 3:00most school days. No appointment is needed. Call to make sure we're here. 773-281-3065.
- Recognized by Illinois State Board of Education
- School offers a wholistic approach to education.
- 20 credits for graduation.
- Especially strong in humanities.
- Good track record preparing "average" students for college.
- Not special ed, but because staff is committed to ensuring that each student receive the support s/he needs, motivated students with moderate disabilitiescan do well.
- Intergenerational activities with senior citizens who share the building.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Lake View Academy?
The acceptance rate of Lake View Academy is 90%, which is lower than the national average of 91%.
When is the application deadline for Lake View Academy?
The application deadline for Lake View Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.