Lake View Academy (Closed 2012)
Lake View Academy was founded forty years ago by a church at the request of a group of neighborhood teens who for various reasons had left their previous high schools and wanted a second chance at school success and graduation.
They had formed ties with some of the church members and believed that the church would provide a quality education for them in a psychologically as well as physically safe environment - things that had been lacking for them in their previous schools. We continue to provide an alternative for students who have become discouraged in traditional high schools. .
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Average ACT score
Classroom Dress Code
school T shirt
school T shirt
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Sliding scale. Max $10,000 Min $500 Most pay monthly
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Principal or counselor
- The best way to get a feel for this school is to visit. Visitors welcome between 9:00 & 3:00 most school days. No appointment is needed. Call to make sure we're here. 773-281-3065.
- Recognized by Illinois State Board of Education
- School offers a wholistic approach to education.
- 20 credits for graduation.
- Especially strong in humanities.
- Good track record preparing "average" students for college.
- Not special ed, but because staff is committed to ensuring that each student receive the support s/he needs, motivated students with moderate disabilities can do well.
- Intergenerational activities with senior citizens who share the building.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Lake View Academy?
The acceptance rate of Lake View Academy is 90%, which is lower than the national average of 91%.
When is the application deadline for Lake View Academy?
The application deadline for Lake View Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
What Is Praxis?
Praxis is part of the teacher licensing process many states require.
September 30, 2022Student Health Records: Vaccinations
Most parents have questions about vaccinations. We look at the big picture and offer some sources for you to do your own research.