Lake View Academy
Tel: (773) 281-3065
- Lake View Academy was founded forty years ago by a church at the request of a group of neighborhood teens who for various reasons had left their previous high schools and wanted a second chance at school success and graduation.
- They had formed ties with some of the church members and believed that the church would provide a quality education for them in a psychologically as well as physically safe environment - things that had been lacking for them in their previous schools. We continue to provide an alternative for students who have become discouraged in traditional high schools. .
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Alternative School Network|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Average ACT score||20|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(school T shirt )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding scale. Max $10,000 Min $500 Most pay monthly|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Principal or counselor|
- The best way to get a feel for this school is to visit. Visitors welcome between 9:00 & 3:00 most school days. No appointment is needed. Call to make sure we're here. 773-281-3065.
- Recognized by Illinois State Board of Education
- School offers a wholistic approach to education.
- 20 credits for graduation.
- Especially strong in humanities.
- Good track record preparing "average" students for college.
- Not special ed, but because staff is committed to ensuring that each student receive the support s/he needs, motivated students with moderate disabilities can do well.
- Intergenerational activities with senior citizens who share the building.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
3633 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 539-3600 2.6 9-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.