Lakeland Christian Academy
- Lakeland Christian Academy is an independent, interdenominational protestant Christian school for grades 7-12, and uses a traditional, departmentalized curriculum.
- Lakeland Christian Academy exists to provide a biblically-centered education environment so that its students may be equipped to become Christ-honoring members of their families, churches, and communities.
- Lakeland Christian Academy works with each student academically, as well as spiritually.
- All LCA faculty members are professing Christians and hold either bachelor's degrees or higher. All Board members and employees are professing born-again believers.
- LCA believes that each student is a unique individual, created in God's image, for the purpose of glorifying God. Lakeland's goal is to help students develop their abilities to fulfill that purpose.
- Lakeland Christian Academy believes that God has given parents the responsibility to teach and train their children.
- LCA assists parents by working closely with them in this process.
Lakeland Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,350|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid and scholarships available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,650|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Scott Wiley|
|Admissions Associate||Ellen Yocum|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
KEYS, NHS, Student Senate, Unleashing the Power of the Son
Recreational Athletic Programs: