Lanakila Baptist Jr & Sr High School
Tel: (808) 677-0731
- History: Lanakila Baptist School opened in 1969 as a K-12 program. The junior and senior high school division opened its doors on Renton Road in 'Ewa Beach in 1979.
- The school belongs to the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Campus: The school is a historical site, housed in the offices of the old Ewa sugar plantation.
- Curriculum: High school students have the choice of college preparatory and general education curricula.
- Electives available to them include American Sign Language, computer hardware, journalism, ministries, multimedia, performing arts, and yearbook.
- Extracurricular activities: Student groups and activities include National Honor Society and a praise band.
- Traditional events at the school include an annual carnival, a food drive, Homecoming, Senior Auction, spirit week, and Spring Banquet. Athletics: Lanakila Baptist School belongs to the Interscholastic League of Honolulu.
- The Warriors compete in interscholastic competition in basketball, cheerleading, cross county, football, track and field, and volleyball.
- Lanakila Baptist athletes also compete in the league's Pac-Five team in football, baseball, soccer, swimming, and wrestling.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,900|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rev. Rick Denham|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
National Honor Society, Student Council
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ewa Beach Grades: PK-12 | 303 students
91-1130 Renton Rd
Ewa Beach, HI 96706
(808) 687-3638 2.5 PK-12
- Ewa Beach Grades: K-8 | 57 students
91-679 Fort Weaver Road
Ewa Beach, HI 96706
(808) 682-0010 2.5 K-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.