Tel: (203) 544-8393
- With campuses in Redding, Ridgefield and Westport, Conn. and Bedford, New York, Landmark Preschool has been a leading provider of early childhood education for over 40 years. Landmark offers programs for children ages one through five and is dedicated to helping each child discover his or her intrinsic talents in a stimulating, nurturing and creative environment. Landmark Preschool is affiliated with Ridgefield Academy (K - Grade 8) and accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kimberly Swabsin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Karate Club, Little Chefs Club, Little Scientists Club, Mandarin Club, Spanish Club|
- Landmark Preschool is an independent preschool serving children ages one through five. We offer a broad range of activities to foster the education, growth and development of the whole child. Our goal is to encourage young children to explore, discover, and enjoy new challenges. We believe children are curious, capable, and ready to learn at an early age. Our balanced program inspires children of all levels by enhancing their social-emotional, intellectual, and physical development. We dedicate ourselves to helping each child discover his or her intrinsic talents in a stimulating, nurturing, and creative environment.
- Learning at Landmark begins with our "Fun for Ones" program, where our youngest students can develop language, social and motor skills with their care giver and the guidance of an experienced teacher.
- Our Twos drop off program is a great first step towards independence as children spend time in our classrooms without a parent. These students learn to socialize with peers, exercise fine and gross motor skills and develop their use of language. Concepts such as colors, shapes, letters and numbers are introduced in this program. The student to teacher ratio is four to one.
- In Landmark`s Threes, Fours and Fives programs, children enjoy monthly themes and special subjects such as gym, music and Spanish. A typical day may include: art, choice time, literacy and math activities, technology, science, recess, story and circle time. Learning is facilitated by a six to one student to teacher ratio.
- Please contact our Admissions Department for a private tour of our school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethel Grades: NS-PK | 138 students
174 Old Hawleyville Rd
Bethel, CT 06801
(203) 792-6991 10.8 NS-PK
- Sandy Hook Grades: PK-K | 55 students
92 Church Hill Rd
Sandy Hook, CT 06482
(203) 426-6149 13.3 PK-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.