Larkin Center School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 57 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Larkin Center facility serves up to 100 students grades 1-12 from more than 30 school districts in Northern Illinois. Outpatient family counseling for children, teens and their families struggling with mental illness or behavior issues Established as an orphanage in 1896 for 25 children, the Larkin Center started with one staff member and a small facility on St. Charles Street in Elgin. Larkin's staff now numbers 190 professionals skilled in such programming areas as social work, psychology, activity therapy, education and administration. The agency now has six group homes for children and teens; group home for adults; subsidized rental apartments for adults; a special education school for up to 100 students, grades 1-12 and a historic main campus at 1212 Larkin Ave in Elgin.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Larkin Center School?
The application deadline for Larkin Center School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Larkin Center School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards