St Thomas More Elementary School
- St. Thomas More School officially opened on September 19, 1960 with Grades 1 - 5.
- One new grade was added each year thereafter until the school reached the capacity of eight grades.
- St. Thomas More School follows the Diocese of Rockford guidelines for our academic curriculum.
- We also offer library, computer, music, band, physical education, and art enrichment classes.
- Students have religion classes on a daily basis and Mass is incorporated regularly into the curriculum. Our Kindergarten Program is full day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ElginGrades: K-9 | 168 students
103 S Gifford St
Elgin, IL 60120
- ElginGrades: PK-12 | 418 students
2700 W Highland Avenue
Elgin, IL 60124
- ElginGrades: PK-5 | 38 students
1111 Van Street
Elgin, IL 60123
School is real solid from top to bottom. Great atmosphere. I would like to add that the school class size is approx.: 20-30 children per grade, with an average of about 25. There are many programs, specials, and sports that make the school even a better experience for your child. If considering your options give St. Thomas More a good look.
- Posted by Parent - redel
January 17, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.