Highland Christian Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (847) 741-5530
- Highland Christian Academy is located on the west side of Elgin (2.5 miles south of I-90 and mile east of Randall Road). Our current program consists of half-day and full day programs for Preschool 3 and 4-year olds, and a full-day academic program for Kindergarten, elementary and middle school students.
- Our classes primarily use the A Beka curriculum as the foundation of our academic focus.
- Other carefully selected curricula provide supplemental enrichment. We offer weekly Spanish classes for Kindergarten through 8th grade, art, music and PE, as well Band and Team Sports options.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,280|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Leslee Etheridge|
- Please call the school directly at 847-741-5530 to schedule a personal tour of the school. It's always nice to see the school during the day while the kids are here but we will accomodate evening tours so working parents have a tour.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
My son graduated from Highland Christian Academy from the 8th grade, and went into high school taking mostly Honors classes. He still loves and visits Highland to this day!
- Posted by Parent - Shenna
We have 2 kids in HCA and coudn't be happier. They are testing a year ahead (or more) of their grade level and they are growing in their faith. But what sets HCA apart is that every child feels included and loved. Every color and economic situation is represented. My kids didn't feel like they fit in and didn't want to go to school before and now they love it and feel welcomed and loved. We also didn't think we could afford it but HCA worked with us to make it possible (69% of kids on scholarship) . We are very thankful for the school.
- Posted by Parent - krist
The teachers are compassionate, caring and are genuinely interested in your Child and their education. TOP NOTCH!
- Posted by Parent - Danie
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.