The Learning Tree
Tel: (847) 888-4220
- The Learning Tree Child Care Centers are owned and operated by Pat and Kathy Hannell.
- They have been involved in child advocacy for over 37 years.
- The Hannells are life long residents of the Fox Valley community.
- One of the most reassuring facts about choosing a locally owned center is the fact that the Hannell family has a vested interest in their reputation as a quality child care facility.
- The purpose of The Learning Tree Child Care Centers is to provide quality, developmentally appropriate, licensed preschool, preschool with extended child care, and school age care to children between the ages of six weeks and eleven years.
- Upon enrollment each child is assigned a Primary Caregiver. The Primary Caregiver takes care of the individual needs of each child on a daily basis.
- Primary Caregivers are responsible for the daily and academic needs of your child, communicating with parents and any medications your child may have to receive.
- The Learning Tree teaching staff has an impressive record. Over 90% of our staff is teacher qualified, with an average of seven years with The Learning Tree.
- We look for nurturing, well educated and professional caregivers. With these qualities, we can follow through with our philosophy, "To Do What is Best for Each Child.".
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to The Learning Tree is Harvest Christian Academy (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elgin Grades: 1-12 | 57 students
515 Sports Way
Elgin, IL 60123
(847) 888-9590 1.6 1-12
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?