Westminster Christian School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (847) 695-0310
Westminster Christian School Photo #4 - Basketball, along with several other sports, is available for both boys and girls in 5th through 12th grades.
Westminster Christian School Photo #6 - Cast picture from The Music Man, our all school musical at the Hemmens Theater.
- Westminster Christian School has been providing Christ-centered education to the students and families of Chicago`s Northwest suburbs since 1978. Located in Elgin, IL, Westminster Christian School offers an outstanding academic, fine arts, athletic and spiritual education. Classes are available from preschool through 12th grade and provide: ACSI Accredited/ISBE Recognized Resource services available 13:1 student/teacher ratio Financial assistance available Award-winning fine arts - visual and performing Quality IHSA sanctioned athletic programs (5th-12th grade) Westminister Christian School is so much more than a school. WCS inspires students in a grace-filled learning community to: Discover God and His creation Develop their unique gifts and abilities Display Christ confidently in their lives Visit our website or call Westminster Christian School to learn more.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, learning disabilities (mild to moderate), ADHD, PDD/NOS, Mild Autism, Aspergers Syndrome and Vision and Hearing impaired|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP US History, See Curriculum Guide on our website for a full listing of college/dual credit courses available.|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest and appropriate)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,575|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool A: $1,850 PreK A (half day): $2,350, PreK B (full day): $4,250 Kindergarten (half day): $5,770, Kindergarten (full day): $8,550 Elementary Tuition, Grade 1: $8,900 Grade 2: $9,250, Grade 3: $9,600, Grade 4: $9,950 Grade 5: $10,300, Grade 6: $10,650, Grade 7: $11,000, Grade 8: $11,350 High School Tuition: $12,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Lindberg|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Sheetz|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Crossroads (Compassion Ministry), Future Teachers of America, Mission Trips, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Perfoming Arts, Worship Team/Chapel
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- WCS, a ministry of the Westminster Presbyterian Church, was founded in 1978 and is located on 22 acres at the western edge of Elgin, just west of Randall Road. The instructional programs at WCS are traditional, teacher-directed, Christ-centered, core academic that use materials selected to reach goals and objectives developed by teachers and board committees through proper needs assessments. The program also includes instruction in art, music, computers, and physical education. The instructional program is defined as college preparatory with graduation requirements that exceed state prescriptions.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 660 students
900 Prince Crossing Rd
West Chicago, IL 60185
(630) 562-7500 14.2 9-12
- Elgin Grades: NS-5 | 38 students
1111 Van Street
Elgin, IL 60123
(847) 741-7795 2.6 NS-5
We were looking for a Christian high school for our two children with a strong science and math program. We found it at Westminster, where they have thrived socially and spiritually as well as academically. Attending a smaller school allowed them to participate in many different activities (including sports, clubs, fine arts, and service organizations), develop enduring relationships, and receive a lot of personalized attention from the incredibly dedicated teachers. Both have especially enjoyed the Science Olympiad program, and the opportunity to compete at the state level. Bottom line: great faculty, great programs, great values, and a great school.
- Posted by Parent - d_hoy
We currently have 3 elementary aged children at WCS and another on her way to Preschool in a couple of years. We never imagined ourselves as a private school family, but Westminster was a game changer from the moment we stepped foot inside. This is a place our children are growing and thriving, not only in their academics, but in the emotionally, spiritually, and in their character growth, as well. Westminster is a place that is truly set apart. Taste and see....
- Posted by Parent - mrs.s
As a parent we could not be happier with Westminster. Our children have grown spiritually, academically and socially. I love the close community feel in the school and the love all the teachers show their students. For a small private school there are lots of extracurricular activity which was very important to us. I highly recommend the school for a fantastic Christian education.
- Posted by Parent - scott
We have three children at WCS. Our experience has been incredible. All of their teachers have shown a care and compassion for our children that is moving. The school's commitment to academic excellence has only been enhanced by its current Head of School Steve Hall. This school is a bright rising star in K-12 Christian academia. We are thankful for being part of the WCS community and pray for God's continued blessing on the school and the community at large.
- Posted by Parent - david
Amazing place that has nurtured my daughters in their faith, giftedness and provided an exceptional education experience.
- Posted by Parent - rebec
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.