Aurora Christian Schools
Mission: RELATIONSHIP / EDUCATION / SERVICE The vision of Aurora Christian School is to be an authentic Christian community, unified by our common faith in Jesus Christ. As a cooperative body of believers, we will encourage each other to daily pursue righteousness. Together, we will strive to energize and equip each student to succeed in whatever path the Lord directs. Our desire is to see our students impact their communitites and become purposeful, productive Christian adults.
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 645 students
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP Calculus, AP English Language, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP World History
Average ACT score
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
- Aurora Christian has a very unique approach to education. It is not merely enough for the teachers to just be Christian, they need to have the freedom to teach from a Christian perspective. They need to teach the Bible, they need to teach their students to pray, they need to teach a reliance upon God, and most importantly, they need to teach how to think in terms of God's standards. It is evident throughout scripture that God intends for His children to learn His ways. Aurora Christian's mission is to work with families in bringing their children to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, educating them from a Christian worldview, and preparing them for a life of service to Christ and their world.
I have had the personal experience of being a part of Aurora Christian Schools for 30 years first as a student and then a parent of three students who have attended ACS. Aurora Christian School is a place where family, relationship and serving God is #1. The focus is on supporting and growing the whole student so they are best equipped to defend their faith and be educated for life. The intentional focus on the Word of God and serving others and God and promoting academic excellence daily. ACS was the greatest decision my parents made for out family. I will forever have a second family of support through ACS and so will my children.
Our son was new as a 3rd grader and we couldn't be more pleased! Challenging curriculum, great student/teacher ratio, and a fantastic sports program are just a few of the reasons that make this school great. The faculty and student body create and unbelievable sense of community that welcomes you immediately! The best decision we ever made...
Endorse Aurora Christian Schools. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.