Aurora Central Catholic High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Aurora Central Catholic High School, a Roman Catholic secondary school under the direction of the Bishop of Rockford, exists to provide a Christ-centered education for young men and women, preparing them to adapt and contribute to the Church and our ever-changing world.
- Our school strives to enable students to realize their potential through the acquisition of skills necessary to function morally; think critically; and communicate effectively, forming a basis for lifelong learning and spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||631 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants, sweater, plaid skirt, blouse)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,475|
|Tuition Notes||Families who qualify for the subsidized parish tuition rate will pay a discounted price of 5,475. There is also a discount for siblings who attend ACC at the same time. Financial Aid and scholarships are also available for applicants.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Close-Up Program, Eucharistic Ministers, Foreign Language Club, Fortress, Kairos, Key Club, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Peer Mediation, Pep Club, Respect for Life Club, Scholastic Bowl, Science/Outdoor Club, Snowball, SPARCS, Stand, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, The Central Times Newspaper, Video & Game Club, WYSE, Youth Ministry
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, National Art Honor Society
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We are Aurora Central Catholic High School, a co-educational high school that offers a rock-solid education, a spiritual foundation, friendships and memories that will last a lifetime. At Aurora Central Catholic, we pride ourselves on offering our students a college-preparatory education in a spiritual environment. We are unique in that we offer our students the opportunity to study under the Block Scheduling system. With Block Scheduling, students take four classes each day at 90 minutes each.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elgin Grades: 9-12 | 385 students
335 Locust St
Elgin, IL 60123
(847)741-7536 17.7 9-12
- Joliet Grades: 9-12 | 676 students
1200 N Larkin Ave
Joliet, IL 60435
(815)741-0500 20.2 9-12
ACC is an excellent school that utilizes a block schedule. Students enroll in 4 classes at a time and finish classes in half the time of a traditional schedule. This allows students to maximize their course load with desired subjects. For example, a student could take two math classes in one year versus one class in typical curriculums. In addition, the faculty is talented and engaged in student activities. My daughter has felt welcomed to the school from day 1 and has made several friends. I highly recommend the school.
- Posted by Parent - richw
Nearby Homes for Sale
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.