St Mary School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (847) 695-6609
- St. Mary School in Elgin serves students in our community from Preschool through 8th grade.
- We educate in a faith based environment while nuturing each child's development through our outstanding art program, a rigorous academic curriculum, and extra curricular activities while also serving our community.
- St. Mary School will give your child space to unfold into the individual they are born to be in a caring, loving environment enriched with a sense of community and purpose while showing them how to problem solve, think for themselves, and support each other.
- St. Mary School is committed to the excellence and success of each child.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for tuition rates|
|Admissions Director||Jason Hunt (Principal)|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Lock School Secretary|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Mary School is a Catholic School serving students from Preschool through 8th grade in Elgin, IL. We welcome students of any faith to join our family. We have tuition assistance available as well as scholarships. Please follow our Facebook page for updates. Please call our office for a personal tour. We look forward to meeting you!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elgin Grades: NS-8 | 192 students
274 Division St
Elgin, IL 60120
(847) 931-2804 0.3 NS-8
- Hoffman Estates Grades: PK-8 | 516 students
255 Flagstaff Ln
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
(847) 885-7702 9.8 PK-8
- Elgin Grades: NS-5 | 38 students
1111 Van Street
Elgin, IL 60123
(847) 741-7795 1.6 NS-5
Your kids will love this school just as much as you do as a parent. Small classroom sizes, caring teachers, parent involved community. We researched the other similar schools in the area and choose this one! Couldn't have made a better decision. You won't regret sending your kids here.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
We LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!! If you're looking for a school with a family and community atmosphere, this is the one!! The overall feeling is one of closeness, whether it's with the faculty or the families in the parish. You always feel welcome and part of the community.
- Posted by Parent - Christopher Kaminski
My family and I love this school and the community within it. My kids have made academic and social leaps and bounds since starting enrollment in the '19-'20 school year. All teachers are attentive, helpful, and great with communication. We couldn't be more pleased with this school!
- Posted by Parent - Peggy B
It is a very good catholic school in Elgin IL. Very family friendly and welcoming.
- Posted by Parent - Mother of two students
We have been at St. Mary's for almost 5 years and it is our 2nd home. St. Marys makes my children feel safe and loved. The staff always goes above and beyond for the children. Not only teaching the subjects needed but also teaching them how to be a good and caring person. We have a wonderful community of staff and parents, and I am so glad that we can call it home.
- Posted by Parent - Danielle Rynne
St. Mary's is a good school that teaches the fundamentals of a Catholic education as well as what is required by the state. The teachers genuinely care for the students and offer them personal teaching considering the size of the classes. The teachers and staff use School Speaks (an internet-based communication) to keep parents up to date on students' assignments, grades, goings on, etc. Also, teachers and staff can easily make themselves available if face-to-face meetings are preferred or needed. Probably one of the best qualities of St. Mary's is it really feels more of a family. Everyone knows who everyone is and is always willing to help out one another. All the sports and activities are run by volunteer parents. These are people who care and want to make a difference with the children as well.
- Posted by Parent - Super Dad
My sixth grader transferred to St. Mary after being at St. Laurence for three years. The transition has been incredibly easy. The staff and students have being friendly, welcoming, and inclusive. Good class sizes, curricular, and extracurriculars. Tuition is very reasonable. So far, we are very happy with the change and look forward to remaining through middle school.
- Posted by Parent - Holiday
We love St. Mary School. Truly a community of caring teachers and parents. My children are thriving academically and enjoy going to school every day. That makes this mom's heart very happy.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.