Lawrence Hall School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 4-12
- Enrollment: 56 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- For more than 25 years Lawrence Hall Youth Services' fully-accredited Therapeutic Day School has partnered with public school systems to educate students with emotional challenges, behavioral disorders, and learning disabilities that inhibit success in the public school setting.
- The philosophy of Lawrence Hall's school is to help each student achieve their maximum potential by providing individualized programs to improve the academic, emotional, and social performance. Our students participate in academics while receiving specialized care through our unique therapeutic programs including arts education, culinary arts, service learning and recreation. We help them develop the skills and resources they need to return to the public school setting, enter the workforce, college or a vocational program.
- The school's specialized curriculum provides accredited year-round educational and vocational services from elementary through the high school level. Academic and social skills training occur in a small therapeutic environment with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. The academic program at Lawrence Hall Youth Services is aligned with the Illinois Learning Standards and is modified to meet the needs of special education students. Upon graduation, students leave with a High School Diploma reflecting completion of the required classroom credit hours as well as their Service Learning obligation.
- The School uses the Classroom Community Model as a framework for student behavior. In a classroom community, student outcomes include more than learning reading, writing, and arithmetic. Students learn to accept individual and social responsibility, to be self-disciplined, to make difficult decisions, to practice non-violent conflict resolution, and to help others do the same.
- Lawrence Hall's school has an 85% attendance rate and a 95% graduation rate, compared to 59% for Chicago Public School students. Additionally, 1 in 10 students is able to return to the public school system. A strong academic program taught within a Classroom Community Model, with supportive services and electives that meet the individual needs of each student makes Lawrence Hall's Therapeutic Day school unique and successful with students who would have otherwise fallen through the cracks in the educational system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Lawrence Hall School offer?
Lawrence Hall School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Golf and Swimming.
When is the application deadline for Lawrence Hall School?
The application deadline for Lawrence Hall School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Lawrence Hall School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards