Legacy Christian Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (508) 952-2997
Legacy Christian Academy is a private, non-profit, co-educational college-preparatory day school for students in PreK through grade 12, located in Norton, MA. LCA seeks to both educate and equip our students for continued growth in a dynamic relationship with Christ through the nurture and provision of a wholesome Christian environment, the teaching of a dedicated Christian faculty, and a commitment to high academic standards built upon the foundation of Biblical truth, and thus empower them to become Christ`s representatives in every aspect of society.
Legacy Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1120|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||Applicable fees not included.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jan Fairhurst|
|Admissions Associate||Lillian Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Class Council, Community Service, Homework club, J-Term, National Honor Society, Service Learning Opportunities, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Musical/Drama, Worship Band
- Considering Christian education for your child is one of the greatest decisions that you will make for your family. On the surface this is a decision about curriculum, academics, school facility and sports. Digging deeper, we find that this decision also deals with peer group selection, spiritual longing, long-term career choices, and eternity.
- At Legacy Christian Academy, we fully recognize that Christian education is a sacrifice. Our highly trained teachers, who are abundantly qualified for any academic opportunity, have chosen to teach in Christian education because it is their life calling. They could be eslewhere in a far more lucrative position, but they remain at LCA because their calling goes beyond the classroom, and this calling is a worthwihle sacrifice. So we understand personally that for many of our parents, Christian education means sacrifice also. However, this mutual sacrifice produces great kids! When children are surrounded by loving people who are willing to make personal sacrifices for their good, students' lives are impacted and changed.
- What a privilege it is for us to see God working in the lives of our students and their families each and every day. You will be amazed at what a christian education can do for your child. We would encourage you in your decision-making process to trust the Lord in all things.
- "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 4
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fall River Grades: PK-8 | 72 students
618 Rock Street
Fall River, MA 02720
(508) 673-6767 16.3 PK-8
- Fall River Grades: PK-12 | 53 students
397 Bay St
Fall River, MA 02724
(508) 730-1735 17.3 PK-12
I was part of the first graduating class of Legacy Christian Academy. I have had my fair share of schools that I attended (homeschooling, public school, and private) and this school makes me feel at home. Everyone cares about me and makes me feel welcomed. I get one thousand hellos and hugs every time I come in. If you are looking for close friends to have for the rest of your life or a family, Legacy Christian Academy is the school for your children. The teachers are so uplifting, and not only care about education, but they want to establish a relationship with the students in order to help them feel comfortable in the classroom and learn. Community is built here. Love is encouraged here. Jesus is the center here. Attend Legacy Christian Academy and you will form friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lilly Johnson
Such a nice place! All of the teachers are smart. Play sports for us too, we're awesome
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sam DeAguiar
Love this school !!! All of the teachers are smart and nice , come play sports we need more people
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Nick Shaw
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.