Calvary Chapel Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
- The vision of Calvary Chapel Academy is to partner with Christian parents to raise up disciples for Christ. By providing a biblically grounded educational experience, students will be prepared both practically and spiritually to fulfill God`s call upon their lives. Thereby, glorifying God and impacting the world for Christ.
- The educational philosophy at CCA is to teach students from a biblical worldview, based on the literal interpretation of the Bible, using the New King James version. Our academic programs are designed to meet the various learning styles of students.
- CCA offers a wide selection of primary and fundamental classes as well as advanced placement, honors, and college prep courses.
- Additionally, the school offers several electives and extra-curricular activities for CCA students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP History, Honors Algebra II, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors English, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$5100 - $8100|
|Admissions Director||Kevin Hanlon|
|Admissions Associate||Shauna Stephenson|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Yearbook Club, Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Theater Production, Worship Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Dodgeball, Intramural Flag Football, Intramural Soccer
- The school provides Christian educational opportunities for students entering pre-school through high-school.
- Currently, there are 126 students in the school with 40 students enrolled in the high-school.
- Of seniors who took the ACT, 100% of seniors scored in the 89th percentile.
- CCA has seen its graduates accepted into over fifty different colleges and universities, such as the University of Massachusetts Boston, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, MIT, Liberty University, MA College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Boston University, Bridgewater State University, Emerson College, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Suffolk University, North Greenville University, Sacred Heart, Seton Hall, Stone Hill, Biola University, and Gordon College.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockland Grades: NS-8 | 393 students
6 Delprete Ave
Rockland, MA 02370
(781)878-1154 0.9 NS-8
- Braintree Grades: PK-5 | 108 students
25 Brow Ave
Braintree, MA 02184
(781)356-7877 7.9 PK-5
- Hingham Grades: Inquire with school | 92 students
247 Gardner St
Hingham, MA 02043
(781)749-3698 4.2 Inquire with school
- Holbrook Grades: PK-8 | 288 students
143 S Franklin St
Holbrook, MA 02343
(781)767-1544 5.3 PK-8
- Lexington Grades: PK-K | 38 students
451 Lowell Street
Lexington, MA 02420
(781)674-2595 27.2 PK-K
CCA is a wonderful place for children to learn in a place where they are valued and cherished by the teacher. We provide a solid education with a variety of extracurricular activities. I love that I can pray with my students daily and that the bible is central in our teaching.
- Posted by Teacher - teacher
I've had my children at CCA for quite a few years. I love the education they receive, the solid Bible teaching and that they are loved, cared about and prayed for each and every day. The love I see from both the students and the staff for one another is so refreshing and comforting. They are being taught academically with a strong Bible-based foundation. I wouldn't have my kids anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - A Happy Parent
Calvary Chapel Academy is an amazing school! It has truly been a blessing in every way, as it has been an extension of our core family values, spiritually and academically. The teachers and administrators are superb!Their love, devotion, and dedication toward every student is something, as a mom, I`m especially grateful for! This school is totally committed to preparing the next Godly generation to do great things!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 3
I attended CCA for eight years and was very pleased with the Christian education I received. The teachers are caring, knowledgeable, and adequately prepared me for college. The high school Bible classes are taught by pastors of the church, Calvary Chapel, and helped me to develop a Biblical worldview. I would recommend CCA to any family looking for a school with sound Christian doctrine and a competitive education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alumni of CCA
When we moved to Massachusetts, our desire was to find a Christian school that would embrace our children as their own. We found that at CCA. The teachers walk alongside your family with the common goal of raising up well-educated children who love God and love people. I am amazed at the quality of academics and the caliber of the teachers. My children enjoy the variety of sports available for all students at every grade level.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 2
Calvary chapel academy has been a part of my life for 10 years now. Every morning when I drop them off I have confidence that they are safe, loved, and being taught sound Christian education. The teachers and administrators walk in wisdom. I am so glad that God brought me to this school.
- Posted by Parent - Tricia
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.