Calvary Chapel Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The vision of Calvary Chapel Academy is to partner with Christian parents to raise up disciples for Christ. By providing a biblically grounded educational experience, students will be prepared both practically and spiritually to fulfill God`s call upon their lives. Thereby, glorifying God and impacting the world for Christ.
- The educational philosophy at CCA is to teach students from a biblical worldview, based on the literal interpretation of the Bible, using the New King James version. Our academic programs are designed to meet the various learning styles of students.
- CCA offers a wide selection of primary and fundamental classes as well as advanced placement, honors, and college prep courses.
- Additionally, the school offers several electives and extra-curricular activities for CCA students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP History, Honors Algebra II, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors English, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K M/W/F $4800 Pre-K 5 days $5900 Kindergarten M/W/F $5300 Kindergarten - 5th grade $6300 6th- 8th grade $7000 9th- 12th grade $7800|
|Admissions Director||Kevin Hanlon|
|Admissions Associate||Shauna Stephenson|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- The school provides educational opportunities for students entering pre-school through high-school.
- Currently, there are 123 students in the school with 38 students enrolled in the high-school.
- Initially, the school started with grades Pre-K through seventh grade and added a grade every year until its first graduating class of 2010.
- Since 2010, CCA has seen its graduates accepted into over fifty different colleges and universities, such as the University of Massachusetts Boston, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, MIT, Liberty University, MA College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Boston University, Bridgewater State University, Emerson College, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Suffolk University, North Greenville University, Biola University, and Gordon College.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WhitmanGrades: PK-7 | 25 students
503 South Ave
Whitman, MA 02382
- HinghamGrades: PK-4 | 103 students
247 Gardner St
Hingham, MA 02043
- South WeymouthGrades: PK-8 | 362 students
234 Pleasant St
South Weymouth, MA 02190
- South WeymouthGrades: PK-8 | 154 students
40 West Street
South Weymouth, MA 02190
- HolbrookGrades: PK-8 | 273 students
143 S Franklin St
Holbrook, MA 02343
As the mother of three very different children, I can honestly say that I would not have my kids anywhere else. Each one of them absolutely loves being here at CCA. The support and love they feel from the faculty is overwhelming. To be assured daily that my children are taught by teachers that love and honor the Lord brings such a peace to me. Calvary Chapel Academy is raising this next generation up in Christ. That, to me, is the most important part of their educational experience.With one child preparing for college applications, I have been so blessed to see that his SAT and ACT scores place him in the 97th percentile. The education for all three children has been challenging, exciting and above all else centered around the word of God!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 3
Calvary chapel academy has been a part of my life for 10 years now. Every morning when I drop them off I have confidence that they are safe, loved, and being taught sound Christian education. The teachers and administrators walk in wisdom. I am so glad that God brought me to this school.
- Posted by Parent - Tricia
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.