Legacy Preparatory Christian Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (936) 337-2000
- Legacy Preparatory is a Private Christian University Model School. The only one of its kind in The Woodlands.
- This means our students attend classes 3 days per week under the instruction of degreed and certified teachers, and complete their remaining 2 days at home under the supervision of their parents.
- This gives the parent more time with their child, a greater involvement in their child's studies, and also has the added benefit of costing less than 1/2 to 2/3 that of the least expensive private school in our area.
- All courses are taught at an Honors pace along with Honors and Advanced Honors courses, and Dual Credit opportunities.
- We are certified by the National Association of University Model Schools, and accredited by AdvancEd. Opportunities for leadership are offered in athletics for JH and High School students in volleyball, football, baseball, baketball, cheerleading, cross-country, dance team, track and field, golf, swimming, softball and tennis. Students may also participate in Student Council, the National and Jr. National Honor Society, Praise Band, Drama performances, and other club activities.
- Our students score above the national average on the SAT, and have been accepted to the following colleges: Texas A&M, TCU, University of Houston, Texas Tech University, Baylor, Oklahoma State University, Southwestern University, University of Texas, Abilene Christian, Mary Hardin Baylor, Trinity University, University of Alabama, and many more.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Legacy tuition is 1/2 - 2/3 the cost of the least expensive private school in the area.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brittany Kutter|
|Admissions Associate||Jeana Francis|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
NHS and NJHS, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Private Christian School that meets on a University Model Schedule
- All courses are taught at an Honors pace
- Parents and teachers are in partnership with one another
- Legacy is 1/2 - 2/3 the cost of the least expensive private school in our community
- Currently serve grades PreK - 12th grade
- Certified by NAUMS
- Accredited by AdvancEd
- Sports Programs, Cheerleading, Fine Arts, Student Council, FCA, etc.
- See our website for much for detail at www.legacypca.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Conroe Grades: PK-12
Conroe, TX 77301
(936) 539-2989 9.3 PK-12
I have two children who graduated from Legacy and both of them have transitioned easily into their respective colleges. My second child took dual credit classes from Legacy and commented that they were easier than "regular" Legacy courses. What they both miss now are their coaches and teachers who invested so much time and energy in developing and growing their relationship with Jesus. The faculty at Legacy is amazing (they have teachers with PhDs, some who worked for NASA and even one who has multiple published works in science journals!) and exceptionally qualified. Both of my kids developed lifelong friendships with their peers and still keep in touch with them and their teachers today. What I as a parent value most is the time I was given with my kids while they were in middle and high school. With the toxic environment of college and the trend to blame America for the world's sins, and shame those who profess to be Christian, I am glad my husband and I had time to impress God's words upon their hearts. There's no better motivation to work this model than that!
- Posted by Parent - Parent Review
I have been a part of the Legacy family for five years. It is an excellent environment for young students to develop into strong defenders of the Christian faith. I feel that this school is preparing my students for a rigorous college schedule and fostering good organizational skills that will impede success when they enter the university of their choice.
- Posted by Administrator - Lisa Bontrager
We have been at Legacy for nine years, and we love the families, teachers and other students! It is a rigorous educational experience centered on Christ's Word! We have been able to participate in sports, NHS, Praise Band, theater and many more fun activities. We are thankful that our children have been able to score high on nationwide testing they do each year, and we feel they are being challenged academically as well. But mostly, we love the community of family and people that we get to do life with......it has been such a blessing!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of Four
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?