Lerner Jewish Community Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Welcome to the Lerner Jewish Community Day School. Established in 1995, The Lerner School sits on a beautiful 8 ½ acre wooded campus in Durham, North Carolina, and serves over 140 children from throughout the Triangle area.
- We offer an integrated and enriched General Studies and Judaic curriculum in our 5-star rated Early Childhood Division and our SACS/SAIS Accredited Elementary Division.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Coalition of Girls
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,800|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary Tuition: $11,800Early Childhood Tuition: $3,600-$12,350, depending on # of days and hours|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jordana Brown|
- Welcome to the Lerner Jewish Community Day School. Established in 1995, The Lerner School sits on a beautiful 8 ½ acre wooded campus in Durham, North Carolina, and serves over 140 children from throughout the Triangle area. We offer an integrated and enriched General Studies and Judaic curriculum in our 5-star rated Early Childhood Division and our SACS/SAIS Accredited Elementary Division. Our school's mission is to educate "one child at a time." Our low 9-1 student-to- teacher ratio allows us to individualize instruction and challenge each student at his or her own level. Our community-oriented approach encourages students to work towards their highest potential in a hands-on, integrated learning environment. We teach our students to be successful, self-motivated and ethical members of our 21st century society. Our focus on "Seeing the World Through Jewish Eyes" helps to ensure that each student will cherish their Jewish identity while at the same time receive the very best education in the community. In fact, our students score on average in the 93rd percentile on standardized tests as compared to both public and private school students throughout the country. Our enrichment programs in Art, Music and Physical Education round out our students' education and enjoyment of their time at school. We believe that a Lerner School education is a gift that lasts a lifetime for your child. Please give us a call to set up a time to tour our school, and see for yourself the wonders that are achieved each day at the Lerner Jewish Community Day School.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 1229 students
3501 Ridge Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)493-5787 0.9 PK-12
- Durham Grades: K-12 | 166 students
3200 Pickett Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)489-7464 1 K-12
- Durham Grades: NS-PK
3703 University Dr.
Durham, NC 27707
(919)489-7269 1.1 NS-PK
Great school! My children are having a wonderful experience here, with outstanding academics, amazing teachers and a strong and vibrant Jewish community. I couldn't imagine sending my kids anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - suspr
In all the years my family has been a part of the Lerner School community we have only experienced a school that is wholly committed to its love of Israel and its mission to instill strong Jewish identity and values in our children. In addition to excellent general academics, our children participate in daily Hebrew instruction, Judaic Studies, and Tefillah. Over the years Lerner School faculty and personnel have been completely dedicated to helping our children become proud, active, compassionate, and charitable members of our local and global Jewish community. We are delighted that such as school exists in our community.
- Posted by Parent - g.dic
Nearby Homes for Sale
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.