Lerner Jewish Community Day School
Welcome to the Lerner Jewish Community Day School. Established in 1995, The Lerner School sits on a beautiful 8 acre wooded campus in Durham, North Carolina, and serves over 140 children from throughout the Triangle area.
We offer an integrated and enriched General Studies and Judaic curriculum in our 5-star rated Early Childhood Division and our SACS/SAIS Accredited Elementary Division.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 152 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,600
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Elementary Tuition: $19,600Early Childhood Tuition: $3,600-$12,350, depending on # of days and hours
% on Financial Aid
- Welcome to the Lerner Jewish Community Day School. Established in 1995, The Lerner School sits on a beautiful 8 acre wooded campus in Durham, North Carolina, and serves over 140 children from throughout the Triangle area. We offer an integrated and enriched General Studies and Judaic curriculum in our 5-star rated Early Childhood Division and our SACS/SAIS Accredited Elementary Division. Our school's mission is to educate "one child at a time." Our low 9-1 student-to- teacher ratio allows us to individualize instruction and challenge each student at his or her own level. Our community-oriented approach encourages students to work towards their highest potential in a hands-on, integrated learning environment. We teach our students to be successful, self-motivated and ethical members of our 21st century society. Our focus on "Seeing the World Through Jewish Eyes" helps to ensure that each student will cherish their Jewish identity while at the same time receive the very best education in the community. In fact, our students score on average in the 93rd percentile on standardized tests as compared to both public and private school students throughout the country. Our enrichment programs in Art, Music and Physical Education round out our students' education and enjoyment of their time at school. We believe that a Lerner School education is a gift that lasts a lifetime for your child. Please give us a call to set up a time to tour our school, and see for yourself the wonders that are achieved each day at the Lerner Jewish Community Day School.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lerner Jewish Community Day School cost?
Lerner Jewish Community Day School's tuition is approximately $19,600 for private students.
When is the application deadline for Lerner Jewish Community Day School?
The application deadline for Lerner Jewish Community Day School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Great school! My children are having a wonderful experience here, with outstanding academics, amazing teachers and a strong and vibrant Jewish community. I couldn't imagine sending my kids anywhere else!
In all the years my family has been a part of the Lerner School community we have only experienced a school that is wholly committed to its love of Israel and its mission to instill strong Jewish identity and values in our children. In addition to excellent general academics, our children participate in daily Hebrew instruction, Judaic Studies, and Tefillah. Over the years Lerner School faculty and personnel have been completely dedicated to helping our children become proud, active, compassionate, and charitable members of our local and global Jewish community. We are delighted that such as school exists in our community.
Endorse Lerner Jewish Community Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.