International Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- At International Montessori School, your child will receive an excellent education combined with the invaluable gift of fluency in a second language and access to a world far beyond the walls of any school.
- All of our programs are based on the Montessori philosophy, taught by native or near-native speaking teachers in Mandarin Chinese, French, or Spanish depending on the target language selected at enrollment. IMS serves a very diverse group of students and families from various backgrounds and experiences.
- The beauty of our diverse community is that we all bring a different perspective which provides all of us new opportunities to grow, to learn, and to connect with others.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||103 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,740|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DurhamGrades: NS-6 | 152 students
2800 Pickett Road
Durham, NC 27705
- DurhamGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
4512 Pope Road
Durham, NC 27707
- Chapel HillGrades: PK-12 | 329 students
6211 New Jericho Rd
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- HillsboroughGrades: PK-6 | 103 students
109 Millstone Drive
Hillsborough, NC 27278
- CaryGrades: NS-9 | 158 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
My children have been enrolled in the french programs at IMS since 2008. I can't say enough about the school, the teachers, the curriculum, the peace based emphasis on interactions - I unconditionally recommend IMS to anyone interested in quality immersion experience with the phenomenal montessori platform.
- Posted by Parent - jeana
IMS is a wonderful school that promotes biligualism and the Montessori Curriculum providing their students with strength of character. They spend more time providing individualized education and treatment to their students than any school I''ve ever seen. The children there thrive and love to be at school.
- Posted by Administrator - copel
Could not have asked for more caring and loving teachers. My child is happy and loves school and that says it all.
- Posted by Parent - laura
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.