International Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (919) 401-4343
International Montessori School Photo #2 - A 3 year old IMS student looking at bead representations of the numbers 11-19.
International Montessori School Photo #3 - A Spanish Elementary student using symbols to mark parts of speech on sentence cards.
International Montessori School Photo #4 - A French Elementary student receiving a lesson in long division.
- At International Montessori School, your child will receive an excellent education combined with the invaluable gift of fluency in a second language and access to a world far beyond the walls of any school.
- All of our programs are based on the Montessori philosophy, taught by native or near-native speaking teachers in Mandarin Chinese, French, or Spanish depending on the target language selected at enrollment. IMS serves a very diverse group of students and families from various backgrounds and experiences.
- The beauty of our diverse community is that we all bring a different perspective which provides all of us new opportunities to grow, to learn, and to connect with others.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,740|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: NS-12 | 176 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919) 465-2113 15.9 NS-12
My children have been enrolled in the french programs at IMS since 2008. I can't say enough about the school, the teachers, the curriculum, the peace based emphasis on interactions - I unconditionally recommend IMS to anyone interested in quality immersion experience with the phenomenal montessori platform.
- Posted by Parent - jeana
IMS is a wonderful school that promotes biligualism and the Montessori Curriculum providing their students with strength of character. They spend more time providing individualized education and treatment to their students than any school I''ve ever seen. The children there thrive and love to be at school.
- Posted by Administrator - copel
Could not have asked for more caring and loving teachers. My child is happy and loves school and that says it all.
- Posted by Parent - laura
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.