Trinity School of Durham & Chapel Hill
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (919) 402-8262 Ext. 1504
Trinity School of Durham & Chapel Hill Photo #3 - Trinity's Upper School is a transformational place.Students come here to be challenged intellectually, to learn in a place that values honor and integrity, to work closely with a talented, student-centered faculty, to develop life-long friendships, and to make a difference in our their worlds.
- Trinity is an independent, Christian school offering a rich curriculum that encourages deep understanding and helps students learn how to learn for themselves.
- Along with an excellent academic education, Trinity offers highly engaging athletic, fine arts, and language arts programs for students in transitional kindergarten through grade twelve.
- To learn more, please call the Admission Office at 919-402-8262 x1504 or visit our website: www.trinityschoolnc.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Advanced Courses||Advance Physics, Algebra II, American Studies, Ancient Civilizations, Biology, Calculus 1, Calculus II, Chemistry, Geometry, Physics, Pre-Calculus, Shakespeare's Tragedies, Statistics, The Chemistry of Energy, The Literature of C.S. Lewis, The Literature of Modernism, Western Studies|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||28|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 22 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are graduated, please visit our website for the 2020-2021 rates at https://www.trinityschoolnc.org/admission/flexible-tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Karman Kent|
|Admissions Associate||Lori Winters|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime Club, Girls on the Run, Girls Who Code, Honor Council, Model UN, Recorder Club, Robotics, Student Ambassadors, Young Life
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Jazz Ensemble, Middle School Drama, Private lessons, Strings Ensemble, Upper School Drama, Vocal Ensemble
- The mission of Trinity School is to educate students in transitional kindergarten to grade twelve within the framework of Christian faith and conviction-teaching the classical tools of learning; providing a rich yet unhurried curriculum; and communicating truth, goodness, and beauty. At Trinity School we seek to create a community in which there is delight in learning and an atmosphere that encourages the sort of intellectual, moral, and aesthetic development that is fitting for those who bear the image of God. We want to challenge our students in a way that stimulates their natural curiosity, guiding their discovery toward personal, intellectual, and spiritual growth.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 1229 students
3501 Ridge Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919) 493-5787 1.2 PK-12
- Durham Grades: K-12 | 134 students
809 Proctor St
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 688-3040 4.6 K-12
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 266 students
3707 Garrett Rd
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 489-2655 0.9 PK-12
- Durham Grades: PK-8 | 490 students
3716 Erwin Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919) 416-9420 2.4 PK-8
The caliber and character of Trinity School's graduates drew us to learn more about this incredible community. My wife was entrenched in the college admissions mania with a 9 year career with the Morehead-Cain Scholarship Foundation. She was an Advisor to three Scholarship recipients who were Trinity graduates. These young leaders were poised and successful. They had a strong sense character that demonstrated maturity and integrity in the way they interacted with others. They realized the value of reflection and had the ability to articulate their opinions in a respectful way - open to hearing and learning from others` perspectives. They had a strong sense of self and purpose about how they were spending their time. These things marked a different type of college applicant and mature young adult.Simply put, these values and motivations of these Trinity graduates reflected the young women we aspire to launch into the "real world" someday.We were impressed by current Trinity students too as it was clear they had a deep desire to explore, better understand, develop, and most importantly share their gifts with the world. But likely what we fell in love with the most was the mission-driven authenticity and warmth. There's something about knowing that the place where your children will spend so much of their childhood and young adulthood aligns with your core values as a family. It's a gift for our children and our family - and one for which we're forever grateful.
- Posted by Parent - Caleb Kent
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.