Montessori Farm School
- The Montessori Farm School serves preschool and kindergarten children.
- Each child is given individual, developmentally appropriate instruction using traditional Montessori materials and methods.
- Through a series of lessons within each area of the classroom, (including practical life, sensorial, language, math, science, geography, and art), children move from mastering concrete concepts to ones of abstract thinking.
- Each child is given the foundation and tools to be academically competitive in the future, both in the material they learn and the passion for discovery that is nourished.
- Kindergarten students participate in extra curricular subjects designed to enhance their education and understanding of culture, art and science. Students work with animals and study environmental issues.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Virginia Lozuke|
|Admissions Associate||Virginia Lozuke|
- Montessori Farm School provides an outstanding education for preschool and kindergarten children, ages 3-6. As an American Montessori Society Full Member School, we direct each child in individual, developmentally appropriate lessons using traditional Montessori materials and methods. Emphasizing a farm and nature-based curriculum, we nurture a passion for discovery, while laying the foundation for children to be academically competitive.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We had been so lucky to be able to have our daughter home with us until she turned 4. While she seemed ready to be at school academically, she took a while to warm up to the group environment. Virginia and Wendy integrated her into the classroom at a pace that was comfortable for her. Both of the classroom teachers are so observant and respectful of the children that it makes the school a wonderful place.
- Posted by Parent - aejuh
Our son has attended Montessori Farm School for two years and we are so pleased with how he is thriving! The teachers show great dedication, both to their work and to their students. We are so pleased to have teachers who work to each individual child's need to develop their character and independence, as well as their academic performance. The curriculum at the school is robust, encompassing math, science, nature studies, geography, language, practical life and more -- the lessons and work strike a wonderful balance between encouraging student independence and fostering a mentor-mentee relationship between students. Our family feels as though we have joined a larger family - there is a strong sense of community at this school. Parents are welcome to spend time in the classroom and volunteer with daily or weekly activities if they so desire. The school also values the importance of being active and supportive of the surrounding community. The school's motto is "Where Young Minds Grow", and they do just this - academically, socially, and in many other ways!
- Posted by Parent - nelso
We drive 11 miles to Montessori Farm School each way, passing at least seven other preschool programs that might be far more convenient, especially with two kids and two work commutes. Why do we go to these lengths for MFS? Because the teachers and parents at MFS are committed to a real education based on belief in each child's potential and autonomy; the value of discovery, exploration and imagination; and the love of self, community, and the natural world. I can't imagine a better nest for our daughter, and I wouldn't have her anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - kcolv
We are in absolute awe of all our children have learned and experienced at the Montessori Farm School. The teachers are amazing, warm, caring, and exceptionally skilled. Children learn in a hands on, interactive environment which is both motivating and satisfying. The teachers are constantly working with children to empower them to solve their own problems, whether those problems are a simple classroom spill or a disagreement with a friend. We noticed a difference in both of our daughter's independence at home almost immediately. All that and our girls now know their continents, oceans, addition facts and can read! I just can't say enough!!
- Posted by Parent - megli
Without a doubt, the Montessori Farm School is unparalleled in its exceptional quality. As a former public school teacher, I knew that the choice I made for my child's first educational experience was a critical one, and I spent quite a bit of time researching all of the options available in the area. Once I met the teachers at the Montessori Farm School I knew that this would be the best place for my son. Two years later, I am constantly amazed. The level of dedication and attention given to each child is simply unbelievable! The teachers possess not only a deep sense of professionalism and incredible knowledge but also the type of unconditional love for our children that one would typically only expect to see within a family. Maybe this is why we have truly come to feel as if the school's community is part of our family. I couldn't imagine a better start for my son, and I highly recommend this school as the perfect place for a young child to gain the love for learning that will last a lifetime.
- Posted by Parent - amiil