Montessori Community School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (919) 493-8541
- MCS enrolls students from 18 months through 8th grade.
- The MCS campus is set on over 13 acres of natural landscape and has wonderful indoor and outdoor spaces where students work, play, discover, and learn.
- The highly dedicated and trained faculty guide each child's progress through the curriculum fostering a love of learning, perseverance, independence, and the value of community.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Cost varies by program and length of day|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program and length of the school day|
|Admissions Director||Mike Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeSoccer, Ultimate Frisbee,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Ceramics, West African Drumming
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- MCS is a place to grow; a place where indoor classrooms and outdoor environments provide children with direct access to the natural world; where dedicated, highly-trained faculty prepare beautiful, orderly classrooms and skillfully guide each child's progress through the curriculum; and where parents are active partners in their children's education, confident that the school's teaching methods will inspire academic excellence and healthy interactions. Located on the border of Chapel Hill and Durham, MCS is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). MCS welcomes children of all ethnicities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender identities, family structures, sexual orientations, racial identities, national origins, religions, and abilities to be a part of the toddler, pre-K, elementary, and adolescent programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: NS-12 | 176 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919) 465-2113 16.1 NS-12
- Cary Grades: K-12 | 817 students
1330 Old Apex Rd
Cary, NC 27513
(919) 303-2560 15.4 K-12
This is a great school and wonderful community. The teachers are seasoned but still maintain an enthusiasm that is hard to find elsewhere. It's a positive and nurturing environment. I have a child who transitioned out after a few years and is way ahead in the public school. Arts and music programs are excellent. Needs a few more sports but lots of choices for clubs and activities.
- Posted by Parent - delwo
A wonderful school that is convenient to families in Chapel Hill and Durham. It has a true community feel to it where my children feel safe and supported by teachers at all levels as well as the administrators. Parents are very involved and welcoming to new families. Lots of great after school options: Soccer, Clay, Art, Jazz, Indian Dance, and Study Hall for those in middle school. My kids have tried most of them and enjoyed being with their friends after school hours. A school worth exploring if you are looking for a school that cares about your child and really wants them to succeed. My child started as a 3 year old and is now in 8th grade here. We all wish there was a High School here as none of us want to leave MCS!
- Posted by Parent - shave
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.