Montessori Day School
- Montessori Day School, founded in 1979, is dedicated to building a lifelong love of learning with our students. We provide an enriched Montessori curriculum to meet the needs of children with a wide range of abilities, toddler through elementary.
Montessori Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Case by case consideration of needs|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Be ready to play and create art!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our Enrollment section.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Heather Epes|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Listening to Preschool Readers, Music Program, Spanish Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our preschool's goal is to help each child develop the foundational habits, attitudes, skills, and thoughtfulness that are essential for a lifetime of creative learning.
- Our Montessori elementary curriculum provides non-competitive, intellectually and chronologically diverse learning opportunities.
- We are dedicated to the continued enrichment of our students through additional classes in music and languages, art and crafting, community service learning opportunities, educational field trips and in-school presentations, developing peace and environmental curricula, and providing our students with a model of conflict resolution mediation.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Apex Grades: PK-6 | 81 students
2190 N Salem St # 103
Apex, NC 27523
(919) 363-2461 16.2 PK-6
- Cary Grades: NS-12 | 176 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919) 465-2113 17.2 NS-12
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 1229 students
3501 Ridge Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919) 493-5787 4.1 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.