Five Oaks Seventh-day Adventist Christian School
- Five Oaks Seventh-day Adventist Christian School is part of the world-wide Seventh-day Adventist school network.
- The Seventh-day Adventist educational system includes elementary and high schools, colleges and universities in countries around the globe.
- The Five Oaks Adventist Christian School family exists to show children Jesus, nurture their love for Him and others, teach them to think, and empower them to serve.
- The Five Oaks Adventist Christian School is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children.
- A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools.
- We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs.
- We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-6|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Grades: K-12 | 121 students
809 Proctor St
Durham, NC 27707
(919)688-3040 5.2 K-12
- Durham Grades: NS-12 | 281 students
3707 Garrett Rd
Durham, NC 27707
(919)489-2655 2.1 NS-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.