Triangle Day School
- As a warm and welcoming community devoted to academic excellence, Triangle Day School ignites intellectual curiosity, fosters compassion and integrity, and nurtures creativity, inspiring confidence in each student to lead a life of purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 24 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||2019-2020 Tuition Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten: $13,215 Grades 1-5: $14,675 Grades 6-8: $16,540https://triangledayschool.org/admissions/affording-tds/|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Deb Newlin|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
First Lego League Robotics, IMACS, MathCounts, Odyssey of the Mind, Science Olympiad
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Dance Club, Ensemble Music & Band
- Welcome to Triangle Day School
- As you read about the numerous programs and traditions, time-tested core values, and commitment to excellence that define TDS, I hope that you will further your exploration by visiting campus to see us in action. When you walk through the door, you`ll discover why my wife and I chose Triangle Day School for our three children.
- Academic excellence and intellectual engagement lie at the heart of our mission at TDS. In small classes, thoughtful, creative, and dedicated teachers develop a wonderful rapport with the children, set the bar high, and then support students as they strive to reach their goals. Whether it`s a first grader making a video in Spanish, a fifth-grader researching a city for his entire class to visit, or an eighth-grader presenting her research project to the school community, our students find joy in learning and take pride in achievement. Along the way, they develop a healthy self-confidence which serves them well in high school and beyond.
- While formal classes exist in both Lower and Middle School, our commitment to developing character and instilling our five core values extends far beyond this time. Held to high standards, students understand the importance of integrity and respect. Engaged in close relationships, students appreciate the value of kindness and empathy. Presented with opportunities to lead and to serve, students learn the significance of selflessness and compassion.
- At TDS, every student feels known, connected, valued, and loved. We are small by design, and everyone`s talents matter here. Come wander our hallways, and you`ll see a kindergartener give a hug to a seventh-grader. Within a safe, comfortable environment, students rise to meet challenges and support one another in the process.
- I look forward to meeting you during your visit to campus. I hope you consider joining the Triangle Day School family.
- Doug Norry
- Head of School
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 1229 students
3501 Ridge Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)493-5787 3.5 PK-12
- Durham Grades: PK-8 | 490 students
3716 Erwin Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)416-9420 2.1 PK-8
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 523 students
4011 Pickett Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)402-8262 3.8 PK-12
- Durham Grades: K-12 | 134 students
809 Proctor St
Durham, NC 27707
(919)688-3040 4.4 K-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.