Immaculata Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Immaculata Catholic School Photo #2 - Experience the vibrant calm of a campus where the students are taught respect and integrity from day one and live it daily.
Immaculata Catholic School Photo #4 - With small class sizes, our students form deep and lasting friendships.
Immaculata Catholic School Photo #5 - From Pre-K to Grade 8 our students are paired in a buddy system. All ages equally enjoy spending time together whether it is reading, attending Mass or doing special projects. Our little ones feel valued being acknowledged by the "big kids" and older students display kindness and caring for their little buddies.
- Immaculata, established in 1909, is a fully accredited Catholic School offering rigorous academic training which focuses on strong reading and mathematics skill development while providing a value-centered, holistic atmosphere for students of diverse backgrounds and abilities in grades PreK through 8.
- We value technology throughout the curriculum and at all ages.
- We offer a STEM program, Academically Gifted and Talented Program and Resource Services, differentiated learning and a number of interesting electives and extracurricular activities to grow and nurture the whole child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||AIG and mild to moderate learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||455 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and polos for boys; plaid skirt or jumper for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 20 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,312|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic Members - (PreK) $7896 (K - 5) $6312 (6-8) $6468Interfaith (PreK - 5) $8280 (6-8) $8424|
|Admissions Director||Barbra Bucci Murray|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Jr. Historians, Lego, Mandarin Chinese, Newspaper, Science Club, Sewing
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Guitar Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run, Ultimate Frisbee
- Character development, faith formation, and academic exellence are inseparable at Immaculata Catholic School. Every moment presents teaching and learning opportunities. We all live by the Immaculata Way of Life:
- Respect God, self and others.
- Be a person of integrity.
- Live a life of service.
- Produce quality work.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Grades: PK-8 | 490 students
3716 Erwin Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)416-9420 2.7 PK-8
I am a current parent at the school and am so impressed with the students. They are all so happy and smiling all the time. They say good morning as we walk in and hold the door. The academics are excellent as well. But honestly, you can get great academics at many schools, but what they do in character building and values can't be matched. You can spot and Immaculata student around town by the way they carry themselves and treat others. I love this school.
- Posted by Parent - rsoff
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.