5.00 (1 review)
- LIAHONA ACADEMY'S MISSION STATEMENT Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where each student can develop the mental, emotional, and physical skills necessary to become a productive and contributing member of society.
- Give us a call, We want to Help Your Son.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Liahona Academy has been helping troubled boys and their families since 2001 and is among the top residential treatment centers in the nation. Liahona Academy's therapeutic program is based on the effective philosophy of a keen balance between "love and discipline". At Liahona, we believe that boys thrive in an environment of "love" and "discipline". Moreover, we believe that boys respond to the help offered when they feel loved, respected and responsible.
- At Liahona Academy, the balance between unconditional love (respect) and accountability(discipline) has been demonstrated to be the perfect combination. Boys respect those who expect "greatness" from them and these boys tend to live up to expectations, both good and bad.
- Boys appreciate those who will hold them accountable; sending the message, "you have what it takes to be great". Over the years we have restored thousands of troubled boys and their families through "love and discipline". Our proven results speak for themselves.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toquerville Grades: 8-12 | 19 students
652 Shady Lane
Toquerville, UT 84774 5.2 8-12
- Toquerville Grades: 9-12 | 23 students
652 N Shady Ln
Toquerville, UT 84774 5.2 9-12
- Hurricane Grades: 6-12 | 130 students
1500 E 2700 S
Hurricane, UT 84737
(435)635-4297 5.6 6-12
- Virgin Grades: 6-12 | 22 students
633 E Highway 9
Virgin, UT 84779
(855)973-0334 10.1 6-12
I love this school, it gave me a second opportunity in my life and allowed me to become so much closer to my family and just get my life on the right path. The therapy they do actually works and helps the boys overcome their addictions and negative attitudes. Parker and Rich are truly passionate about what they do, and they do care about the boys. I am now a college student with academic honors at my school, doing an internship, and also tutoring biology on my college campus. All of those accomplishments go to the staff, Parker, and the therapists that helped me get my head on straight. This place didn't just change me for the better, but it saved my life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Areeb
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.