Lutheran High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (303) 841-5551
Lutheran High School Photo #3 - Lutheran High's Performing Arts program offers various band, choir, and theater options including musical theater.
- Lutheran High School strives to give students the chance to thrive academically, spiritually, & physically.
- We surround students with positive, Christian adults and mentors.
- Our teachers, coaches, & administrators all know our students by name.
- Students have opportunities to join athletic teams that compete on a state level, be involved with clubs ranging from Robotics to theater, or pursue their passions through an Academy.
- We promise to provide students with a means to academic success while growing in their relationship with Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1992|
|Total Students||744 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Language, AP Literature, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1178|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khakis, collared shirts for boys. Colored denim, skirts, blouses for girls.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available and given on an as-need basis. All families are welcome to apply.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,286|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Hannah Buchholz|
|Admissions Associate||Miro Marriott|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Chick-fil-a Leadership Academy, Cyber Patriots, Equestrian Club, Game Development, Interact Club, Internship/Independent Study, Lions for Life, National Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Robotics, Student Council, Thrive, Writing Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Band, Concert Choir, CrossPlay, Jazz Ensemble, Jubilate Choir, Theatre Club, Wind Ensemble, Worship Team
- Lutheran High is dedicated to preparing students for higher education and careers while keeping Christ in the center of all classes and activities. Teachers speak biblical truth into student's lives in order to prepare them for a life of service to their community. The curriculum is college preparatory and general; all students take 7-8 periods of class work. Students` schedules are individualized to meet their needs and their abilities. Students are required to earn 24 credits to graduate.
- Every day is an open house opportunity at Lutheran High School. Parents are always welcome to sit in on a teacher's class, tour the school, and meet with David Ness, the Principal, or any staff member. In the spirit of building community, parents are encouraged to attend LuHi events, join the Boosters, and volunteer on campus. All teachers have a class website where parents can access notes, syllabi, and upcoming assignments. We use RenWeb so parents can access student grades and attendance.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Grades: 9-12 | 1694 students
6400 S Lewiston Way
Aurora, CO 80016
(303) 269-8000 6.2 9-12
- Littleton Grades: 6-12 | 53 students
6570 B South Broadway
Littleton, CO 80121
(303) 797-1005 11.3 6-12
- Littleton Grades: PK-12 | 32 students
9700 Old Coal Mine Ave.
Littleton, CO 80123
(303) 670-3360 13.1 PK-12
The school provides an excellent environment for students, from the leaders to the teachers and other staff support. The quality is there, the encouragement and the bond that continues to build from the families and students who connect well with the positive and inspiring culture. My student went to two different schools, and Lutheran proved to be the right choice.
- Posted by Parent - PMD III
Highly recommend. My oldest son is now a pastor. My youngest is now in college. LUHI was a great school.
- Posted by Parent - STONE
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?