- The purpose of Merrywood School is to provide children with an environment where they can develop socially in group-play experiences and develop visual and auditory perception skills, gross and fine motor skills, and receive enrichment in art, music, science, math, language and information.
- Childhood is a time of wonder and questions, energy and curiosity.
- It is vital for children to be involved and feel good about themselves.
- Special importance is placed on providing an interesting, happy and wholesome environment where children can develop friendships and self-confidence as they learn through play and work.
- We strive to make this school experience a positive and happy one that will attract the children to school, teachers, friends, books and learning.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedar Hill Grades: 1-12 | 122 students
820 E Wintergreen Rd
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
(972)293-9093 2.7 1-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 524 students
1821 W Camp Wisdom Road
Dallas, TX 75232
(214)672-9206 2.6 PK-8
- Desoto Grades: K-12 | 15 students
1221 E. Parkerville Road
Desoto, TX 75115
(972)230-1838 6.1 K-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.