Midcoast STEAM Microschool
Tel: (207) 543-3387
MSM is a modern one-room K-5 schoolhouse located in Rockland.
Our academic focus is on STEAM (STEAM is like STEM but includes the Arts, so, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Mathematics) but our true focus is on cultivating happy healthy children.
We are a small private 'microschool' & afterschool educational program located in the Lincoln St. Center.
Midcoast STEAM Microschool places among the top 20% of private schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Pam Bryer|
- Truth be told, every microschool self-defines, and here at MSM we like to think of a microschool as a place for students to pursue their interests with flexibility while still being exposed to education fundamentals. We are purposely a tiny program with few students. We focus on developing the whole child. We love safe unstructured outdoor & indoor play as much as we love structured outdoor & indoor play. We work on finding balance between technology and nature. We meet for 3-5 days a week. We move our bodies when they need moving. We are place-based and project-based learners. We recognize that each child develops fundamental skills at their own unique rate. We embrace a multi-aged classroom. We embrace technology. We work on leadership, cooperation, and teamwork skills. We are a modern one-room schoolhouse.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Midcoast STEAM Microschool is Watershed School (1.1 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is Pen Bay Christian School (2.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockland Grades: 9-12 | 25 students
24 Lincoln St
Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 230-7341 1.1 9-12
- Rockland Grades: PK-8 | 85 students
1 Waldo Avenue
Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 596-6460 2.1 PK-8
- Rockport Grades: PK-9 | 42 students
73 Warrenton St
Rockport, ME 04856
(207) 596-6405 6.7 PK-9
- Camden Grades: PK-3 | 53 students
58 Elm St
Camden, ME 04843
(207) 236-2911 8.3 PK-3
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.