- Miriam School’s nurturing environment welcomes 96 children ages pre-kindergarten through eighth grade with average intelligence who have learning disabilities in the areas of speech, language, motor, sensory, attention, academics or social communication.
- Our experienced staff collaborates to develop a learning plan personalized to each child.
- Our students are encouraged to be inquisitive, creative, cooperative, motivated and respectful learners who develop the self-advocacy skills necessary to succeed in education and in life.
- At Miriam School we believe that each child is uniquely gifted and capable of reaching his or her potential.
- We have proven that our school’s dynamic spirit and exceptional staff can have an infinite impact in a student’s life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD; LD-Reading, Written Expression, Math; Speech/Language Delays; Fine Motor Delays; Aspergers|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,900|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based tuition assistance is available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Megan Gibson|
- People that viewed Miriam School also viewed these schools: Great Circle/Edgewood Children's Center.
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.