- "We know how children learn in a natural, joyful life-experiencing way.
- The process of learning how to learn is as important as learning.
- Our teachers surround children with learning opportunities in a caring, loving way that encourages each child's individual development.
- Montessori Academy provides a supportive and challenging learning environment designed to offer each child the opportunity to achieve success.
- We have classes from infancy through six years of age.
- Montessori Academy offers a variety of morning and full day programs.
- Children may attend full day or part time. We are open from 6:30 am until 5:30 pm.
- Our campus includes four shady playgrounds and three spacious ""home-like"" buildings where the children play, learn and socialize in a caring, learning environment. ".
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Grades: NS-PK | 77 students
714 Cedar Street
Montgomery, AL 36106
(334)265-5521 0.9 NS-PK
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.