Montessori Academy began in 1980 as a single classroom housed in the Spartanburg YMCA. Montessori Academy maintains and fosters an authentic Montessori education for all children.
The school is designated as an intern site in which other teachers can observe our classrooms as part of their training.
Student teachers can complete their training under the supervision of our Montessori teachers.
The school is certified by Montessori Educational Programs International and accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 114 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 17%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition depends on the age of the child and the dismissal time.
National avg.: 85%
Cheri B. Bobo
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
- Montessori Academy began in 1980 as a single classroom housed in the Spartanburg YMCA. Montessori Academy maintains and fosters an authentic Montessori education for all children.
- The school is designated as an intern site in which other teachers can observe our classrooms as part of their training.
- Student teachers can complete their training under the supervision of our Montessori teachers.
- The school is certified by Montessori Educational Programs International and accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Montessori Academy?
The acceptance rate of Montessori Academy is 95%, which is higher than the national average of 90%.
When is the application deadline for Montessori Academy?
The application deadline for Montessori Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Montessori Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.