Tel: (812) 479-1776
- Montessori Academy promotes joy of learning and strives to prepare each student for the next level of education.
- We adhere to the principles and ideas of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- The Academy`s curriculum implements the Montessori philosophy and methodology at the preprimary level and combines these with more traditional approaches in the elementary program.
- The first priority is to offer a quality education.
- As a service to Montessori Academy parents, an All Day Program has evolved for childcare before and after school.
- The mission of Montessori Academy of Evansville is, "to assist each child to construct the adult that is to be." The Academy provides an enjoyable opportunity for learning.
- Here the children discover themselves as individuals and their relationships to the world.
- A Montessori-trained teacher serves as the catalyst within the prepared environment.
- The materials and curriculum are developmentally appropriate for children preprimary age through third grade.
- The atmosphere is one of individualized attention, guidance and self discipline.
- The classroom environment stimulates intellectual, emotional, social and physical growth.
- The school promotes the development of self-motivation, independence, curiosity, cooperation, and concern for others within the framework of a strong academic program.
- At Montessori Academy, the work of the child has an internal goal the construction of the total person.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Evansville Grades: PK-5 | 160 students
867 Walnut St
Evansville, IN 47713
(812) 424-9498 3.9 PK-5
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?