Montessori Family School
- Since 1981, MFS has provided an authentic Montessori education, serving up to 150 children in grades Preschool-8th Grade.
- Our classrooms offer a challenging curriculum that supports hands-on learning, self-expression, independence, and reflective self-evaluation in a beautiful, harmonious environment.Our program emphasizes personal growth, academic accomplishment, and intellectual curiosity. Children learn that they are part of a larger, diverse society in which skills of cooperation and collaboration are critical for success.
- Students learn independence and responsibility and leave MFS ready for the challenges and opportunities that await them in high school and in life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average SAT score||1470|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Yvette Cashmere|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cerrito Grades: K-8 | 474 students
960 Avis Drive/2060 Tapscott Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)236-5800 1 K-8
- Burlingame Grades: 6-12 | 534 students
400 Uplands Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)342-4175 25.9 6-12
- Los Altos Grades: K-12 | 595 students
327 Fremont Ave
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)209-3050 40.8 K-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.