Montessori Family School
- Since 1981, MFS has provided an authentic Montessori education, serving up to 150 children in grades Preschool-8th Grade.
- Our classrooms offer a challenging curriculum that supports hands-on learning, self-expression, independence, and reflective self-evaluation in a beautiful, harmonious environment.Our program emphasizes personal growth, academic accomplishment, and intellectual curiosity. Children learn that they are part of a larger, diverse society in which skills of cooperation and collaboration are critical for success.
- Students learn independence and responsibility and leave MFS ready for the challenges and opportunities that await them in high school and in life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average SAT score||1470|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Yvette Cashmere|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cerrito Grades: K-8 | 474 students
960 Avis Drive/2060 Tapscott Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)236-5800 1 K-8
- Los Altos Grades: K-12 | 595 students
327 Fremont Ave
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)209-3050 40.8 K-12
- San Mateo Grades: 6-12 | 558 students
400 Uplands Drive
San Mateo, CA 94010
(650)342-4175 25.9 6-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.