Montessori Family School
Tel: (510) 236-8802
- Since 1981, MFS has provided an authentic Montessori education, serving up to 150 children in grades Preschool-8th Grade.
- Our classrooms offer a challenging curriculum that supports hands-on learning, self-expression, independence, and reflective self-evaluation in a beautiful, harmonious environment.Our program emphasizes personal growth, academic accomplishment, and intellectual curiosity. Children learn that they are part of a larger, diverse society in which skills of cooperation and collaboration are critical for success.
- Students learn independence and responsibility and leave MFS ready for the challenges and opportunities that await them in high school and in life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average SAT score||1470|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Yvette Cashmere|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cerrito Grades: PK-8 | 494 students
960 Avis Drive/2060 Tapscott Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510) 809-9000 1 PK-8
- Burlingame Grades: 6-12 | 576 students
400 Uplands Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650) 342-4175 25.9 6-12
- Dublin Grades: PK-K | 43 students
6665 Amador Plaza Rd Ste 200
Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 820-6250 26.4 PK-K
- Dublin Grades: PK-12 | 379 students
7500 Inspiration Dr
Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 560-6262 25.2 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.