Montessori School-iowa City
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (319) 338-9650
- The Montessori School of Iowa city is a school which follows the Montessori educational principles of providing child-directed, individualized, hands-on learning within an environment especially prepared to meet the developmental needs of the two- to six-year-old.
- The school seeks to educate the whole child by meeting the social, intellectual and emotional needs of each individual; to foster student self-respect through experiencing success and independence; and to generate a sense of community among children, teachers, families, and school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindy Kuehl|
|Admissions Associate||Judy Rouse|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coralville Grades: K-8 | 31 students
1250 12th Avenue
Coralville, IA 52241
(319) 339-0998 0.7 K-8
- Iowa City Grades: PK-12 | 934 students
2150 Rochester Ave
Iowa City, IA 52245
(319) 338-5436 3.9 PK-12
- North Liberty Grades: PK-8 | 174 students
255 Hackberry St
North Liberty, IA 52317
(319) 626-4777 3.4 PK-8
My two girls started in pre-school and went through elementary. Throughout I was happy with the independence and creativity nurtured and developed through the program. Having made the smooth and easy transition to public school their self-confidence and independent thought is serving them well and I credit the school for nurturing this.
- Posted by Parent - wiser
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.