- The Montessori School of Champaign-Urbana, founded in 1962, is owned by the Montessori Society of Champaign-Urbana.
- The Society is a not-for-profit corporation composed primarily of the parents whose children are enrolled in the school.
- The School provides a caring dynamic learning environment which targets each child's individual learning style.
- The academic materials prepare the child for future studies. The child may freely choose materials to learn reading, writing, spelling, grammar, science, math and social studies.
- The student experiences a deep inner satisfaction following his or her interests, fostering a positive attitude towards school and learning.
- Social-emotional and motor development are actively promoted through daily activities. MSCU is a private school serving ages three through sixth grade.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on programs offered.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Piano, Dance Piano, Dance,|
- The Montessori School of Champaign-Urbana, founded in 1962, is owned by the Montessori Society of Champaign-Urbana. The Society is a not-for-profit corporation composed primarily of the parents whose children are enrolled in the school. MSCU has been providing Montessori education for over 50 years. We have six Early Childhood classrooms staffed by fully credentialed Montessori educators. We offer both 3 and 6 hour preschool programs as well as a six hour kindergarten option. Wraparound child care is available 7:30 am through 5:30 pm. An elementary building was added to the campus in August 2014 serving grades one through six. A Parent-Toddler program is also available for children ages 15-35 months to enjoy a gentle introduction to the Montessori method of education. The Montessori method offers a time-tested, brain-based method of education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChampaignGrades: PK-8 | 322 students
410 W White St
Champaign, IL 61820
MonticelloGrades: PK-6 | 29 students
225 E. Livingston
Monticello, IL 61856
ChampaignGrades: PK-8 | 86 students
801 & 805 West Kirby Avenue
Champaign, IL 61820
ChampaignGrades: PK-8 | 414 students
1307 Lincolnshire Dr
Champaign, IL 61821
I love MSCU, but more importantly, my daughter loves it, she loves to go to school! MSCU makes the love for learning flourish beautifully by realizing that not all students are interested in the same topic at the same time, and different parts of their brains develop at different at different times. A couple of weeks ago, my daughter came home psyched about moving up one level in her math work at school and could not wait to go to school the next day to do more math! This is how it happened. Earlier that day, she finished all the 'works' for the math level she was working on. Her teacher realized this and asked my daughter if she wanted to take that level's proficiency test to make sure she was ready for the next math level. My daughter said that she felt she'd done enough math for the day, would take the proficiency test another day. OK, said the teacher, whenever you're ready. An hour or so later, my daughter came to the teacher and told her she'd done everything else she wanted to do at school that day, so she was ready to take the proficiency math test. OK, said the teacher. When finished taking the proficiency test, my daughter realized she was ready for the next level math, and so she moved up. She now loves math! She wants to go to school to do math. How many children love to do math? I bet most Montessori kids do! Furthermore, on our recent Thanksgiving trip, my daughter wanted to take some math workbooks just for the fun of it. There is no homework, but she loves learning so much that she just want to do it for the fun of it! Thank you MSCU!
- Posted by Parent - jalva
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.