Monticello Christian Academy
- Education shapes children. Classical, Christian education has a long history of producing adults who are thinkers, and leaders, and who possess strong moral character necessary to navigate the difficult waters of life.
- Our goal is to build disciples and leaders who will have the confidence prerequisite to lead us in every endeavor.
Monticello Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||We plan to offer a summer program again in 2019. Please check back or call us to learn the costs and details in the spring.|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Flexible casual uniform policy)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,750|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition varies from $175 for Tuesday and Thursday half day programs to $375 for Monday through Friday full day programs. Before Care program available for both MCA and public school students from 6:45 a.m. to start of school or public school bus pickup from $20 to $100 per month. MCA also offers an After Care program for both MCA and public school students starting at school dismissal or arrival of public school bus until 6:00 p.m. from $50 to $200 per month. MCA automatically gives a 10% sibling discount for additional children enrolled in our school, Before Care, or After Care programs.|
National avg.: 85%
- At MCA, we strive every day to provide a rigorous and loving learning environment that recognizes the enormous and unlimited potential that each child possesses. We believe that God has planted the seeds of His divine nature in the hearts and minds of each individual. Small class sizes and teachers that also mentor your child help prepare your child for the future. MCA offers classes for students from age three through Kindergarten. MCA also offers Before Care and After Care programs following our core principles for both MCA and public school children from 6:45 a.m. to the start of school and from school dismissal until 6:00 p.m.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monticello Grades: PK-K | 25 students
1202 1/2 N State Street
Monticello, IL 61856
(217)762-9645 0.7 PK-K
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.