Riverstone Montessori Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (770) 422-9194
RMA test scores and curriculum may easily be the most advanced in our area.
We provide an educational community that offers students and their families a fun, successful educational environment dedicated to AMI principles of Montessori education. RMA accepts both remedial and advanced students.
We challenge students with diverse in-depth studies in science and fine arts, while providing opportunities for community service.
Parent education and interaction are greatly encouraged as we strive to create the best childhood experience for each of our students. While we do not "teach to the test," our students scored a minimum of 2 grade levels above their public school peers, with many scoring at middle and high school level.
RMA students are also educated in professional and social skills to prepare them to funcion in any high school or college program.
Montessori education begins as early as 2.5 and parents are encouraged to start as early as possible to benefit from our advanced curriculum.
Our Middle School is also an excellent place for home-school students to enter into a classroom community.
Part of our mission is to raise educational expectations for parents and improve education in our community, both public and private.
We will happily provide a speaker on child development or education for your civic, parent or church group that would be interested in discovering how we can improve schools for all children.
Riverstone Montessori Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact school for current tuition - 770.422.9194|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carmita Barkley|
- Despite NO TESTING OR GRADING throughout the year: On High School placement tests, RMA Middle School students tested at a college level and RMA Elementary students continue to preform several grade levels above traditional classes and some at high school level.
- RMA students not only receive advanced academic training, but they also receive professional development and social skills training to allow them to function in a variety of educational and professional environments.
- RMA students are not "pushed forward" academically, which is a problem in traditional education, instead our program engages their natural interests to propel them forward as they enjoy learning.
- Our students enjoy the benefit of exposure to the Atlanta Opera, Atlanta Symphony, Shakespeare Theatre, High Museum, Michael C. Carlos Museum @ Emory and more...
- Along with high expectations for academic performance, RMA has high standards for behavior. As a community school we teach children to communicate and resolve problems in a respectful, positive manner.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marietta Grades: NS | 40 students
2417 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30066
(770) 429-9136 9.1 NS
- Atlanta Grades: NS-8 | 250 students
5750 Long Island Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404) 252-3910 15.7 NS-8
- Powder Springs Grades: PK-12 | 469 students
5790 Powder Springs Dallas Rd
Powder Springs, GA 30127
(770) 222-8955 4.3 PK-12
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Riverstone Montessori Academy. My children attended Montessori from 2.5 years through 8th grade and we could not be happier with the experience. Riverstone is an AMI school and it shows! Our daughters grew through the hands on, individualized, responsibility teaching program that Montessori offers. Now in High School, we can see that they are confident, well rounded, community minded young people looking to be engaged in their community and futures. Riverstone provided us with an amazing community for the whole family.
- Posted by Parent - mom2gurlz
My son is in his 2nd year of middle school at RMA, and I am very pleased with the academic program. Montessori teaching works for us, he excels as a well rounded student. The teachers and supporting staff are nurturing making this a environment a good choice. When your child loves going to school mornings are easy.
- Posted by Parent - Flymo
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.