The Walker School
5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (770) 427-2689
- The infinite worth and dignity of each student defines our approach to learning.
- Walker is the top PK3-12 school in metro Atlanta open to all faiths.
- Our commitment to diversity provides a safe atmosphere for students to discover who they are and how to successfully navigate an ever-changing world.
- At Walker, you can star in the Fall Musical, represent your school on the soccer field and design your own genetic research project. You belong here.
The Walker School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||889 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||124 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Politics, Computer Science, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, French Language, German Language, La, U.S. Government and Politics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges $10,610 - $28,330|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katherine Harirson|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Condon|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- With an 11:1 student-teacher ratio, Walker students are known, valued, and inspired by their teachers.
- Walker`s college counseling team works one on one with students, guiding 100 percent of our graduates to their best-fit college. Colleges recognize the strength of a Walker student 144 universities across the nation sent a representative to our campus in 2019.
- Scholar-athletes thrive at Walker. 72 percent of our Middle and Upper School students compete on at least one of our 52 teams, and many play multiple sports for Walker.
- Walker celebrates the arts in 25 musical and drama productions each year.
- Academic opportunities include access to college credit Walker offers 27 Advanced Placement classes across all departments in our Upper School.
- Our approach to science is hands-on and engaging, and all classes (Pre-K3 to 12th grade) take place in state-of-the-art labs.
- Technology instruction includes coding in Pre-K, competitive robotics teams as early as first grade, and film editing and design in our recording studio and sound booth.
- Every English class in Middle and Upper School begins with 10 minutes of pleasure reading, so all Walker students foster a love of reading that continues beyond graduation.
- All PK3-5th grade students learn Spanish. Walker offers Spanish, French, Latin and German in 6th grade and beyond. We have international exchange programs with schools in France, Germany and Spain.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marietta Grades: PK-12 | 643 students
4385 Lower Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30068
(770) 971-0245 6.4 PK-12
We have been a Walker family for four years. Our daughter joined the Walker family in 6th grade and is now in 9th welcoming her 6th grade brother. We have marveled at not only watching our daughter navigate her middle school experience but her find her voice in confidence as a young adult. I couldn`t agree more with a previous sharing how down-to-earth and diverse the Walker community is. We have had our typical middle school mishaps and stumbles, but we are so thankful for a small environment to use the mishaps as teachable moments to allow for growth and character development. We loved our neighborhood public schools, but both my children as they were closer to approaching middle school felt they weren`t being "heard" and were losing their love of learning. A neighbor had been telling us for years to check Walker out. When my daughter did her shadow day she was sold! The lunch offerings didn`t hurt either! Walker not only offers a top tier academic environment for children to thrive across all divisions, but they are the embodiment of a true family atmosphere. The administrators and staff work closely to ensure that each child`s unique offerings have a place at Walker.
- Posted by Parent - Momof2
Walker school provides a great combination of a nurturing and challenging environment for children. There is a lot of focus on overall development of your child in addition to the academics. Children are well prepared to excel in the next step in their life. Both my boys have enjoyed coming to school everyday. Worth every penny spent!!!!
- Posted by Parent - Meenu
It is great hearing my children recount their days at school...''Mom, I bet you didn't know'', ''I wonder if...'', and ''You''ll never guess what we did today!'' The intellectual energy on the entire campus is amazing. I love what my children are learning, but more importantly how they are learning to think! In addition, there is a real family feel...children are known and celebrated!
- Posted by Parent - harri
Awesome school with a great academic program. Learning experience is one of a kind. Great lunches and athletic program. There are also many clubs and extracurricular activities that nourish the brain well. Students can also participate in sports and student council as they wish. I doesn't get much better than this.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - andre
Both of my boys started Walker in Pre K. They are now in upper school at Walker. The organizational skills, study habits, and foundation they are receiving at Walker will prepare them for college and beyond!
- Posted by Parent - kasdt
The Walker Preschool is fantastic. A great combination of nurturing environment and challenging opportunities. Supportive faculty work hard to help every student become confident and capable. Special classes include music, Spanish, art, science lab, computer classes. The school uses the latest technology to enhance developmentally appropriate lessons. A vibrant library serves just pre-K and Kindergarten and is open in the summer. The building and playground are secure and safe. Before school and after school care programs are available.
- Posted by Parent - karly
My children have graduated, but thrived in a nurturing atmosphere that challenged them academically. Walker provided a well rounded program with sports opportunities, art, music, technology, and individual personal attention from the faculty. Both my children were well prepared for college and had actually read some of the same materials they encountered at college while they were at Walker. Best money I ever spent!
- Posted by Parent - gados
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?