St. Joseph Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
The raising of the flag happens every day! Our morning announcements begin with prayer, the pledge of allegiance and St. Joseph school pledge.
Girls volleyball is very popular. All of our sports matches begin with prayer to remind the competitors that fair play is a part of fierce competition!
- Established in 1953, St. Joseph Catholic School, a twice-recognized National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, is accredited by AdvancED.Our curriculum is challenging and rewarding.
- All members of the teaching staff are fully qualified and dedicated to their craft. St. Joseph Catholic School's mission is to educate each student by embracing our faith, and upholding academic excellence within a Catholic community devoted to developing the whole child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003, 2016|
|Total Students||451 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Formal on Mass day - Jumper with shirt and tie, Khaki pants with shirt and tie - no ties required the rest of the week)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 26 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||range from $6,519 - $8,476|
|Admissions Associate||Judy Brodell|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Art Club, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, Praise Band, Spanish Club, Student Council Altar Servers, Art Club, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, Praise Band, Spanish Club, Student Council,|
- Academically challenging curriculum
- Enriched with Art, Drama, Music, Band, and Foreign Language
- Weekly Mass
- Spanish language classes begin in Kindergarten
- Our mission is to educate each student by embracing our faith, and upholding academic excellence within a Catholic community devoted to developing the whole child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MariettaGrades: PK-12 | 987 students
700 Cobb Parkway N
Marietta, GA 30062
- KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 1250 students
1275 Stanley Road
Kennesaw, GA 30152
- KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 895 students
4500 Eagle Drive
Kennesaw, GA 30144
- KennesawGrades: K-8 | 386 students
1618 Ben King Road NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
- MariettaGrades: K-8 | 106 students
505 Atlanta Street SE
Marietta, GA 30060
Our daughter has attended St Joseph's for 5 years, going into her 6th year. I love the compassion the teachers have for each and every student attending the school. One of my first solid impressions of the school was how all of the teachers seem to know all of the students by first name. Also, the students are always extremely polite when I am visiting and always holding the door and using their manners. The school also received the National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence again this past year. If you want your child to have a solid education and strong Christian foundation, this is the place for your child(ren).
- Posted by Parent - Kdesl
Our daughter was at St. Joseph School for 6 years and had a great experience. She was academically challenged and was taught about being personally responsible for her decisions and results. Her success as a high school senior heading to college reflects the solid academic and moral foundation she experienced at SJCS. Love the teachers. I would highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - mjfus
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.