The Wood Acres School
5.00 (2 reviews)
The Wood Acres School Photo #2 - The Wood Acres School is a well-known and well-respected private independent school in metropolitan Atlanta. Wood Acres has been educating students since 1969 and is proud of both its rich traditions as well as its focus on developing resilient, compassionate, engaging, and articulate young men and women ready to tackle life and living in the 21st century and beyond.
The Wood Acres School Photo #3 - Just as a parent feeds a child healthy food long before the child appreciates the merits of good nutrition, our Elementary School requires of students mastery of specific skills prior to their applying these skills to higher level thinking. As students matriculate to the Middle School, they will demonstrate expertise in core subject areas and growing abilities in the specialty
The Wood Acres School Photo #4 - The Early School at Wood Acres is distinctively unique as compared with traditional preschool programs or Mother's Morning Out options. The Early School offers a rare third option: an actual school" for the earliest learners coupled with the purposeful play opportunities and socialization found in the more typical preschool programs. Wood Acres early learners are ready for so much more.
The Wood Acres School Photo #5 - STEM students are all abuzz with hands on, experiential Maker Space projects and activities led by a specialist in this area. Wood Acres has extended integrated, cross-curricular learning with the addition of this dedicated lab. Collaborative learning is naturally coupled with student teams focused on creative thinking, the scientific process, problem solving, brain challenges, and open-ended projects.
The Wood Acres School Photo #6 - Summer Camp at The Wood Acres School is a much anticipated community tradition that welcomes both current legacy families as well as their neighborhood friends to join us for eight weeks of themed fun in the sun" right on our very own school campus. Arts and crafts, guest performers, sports, and activities galore.
The Wood Acres School Photo #7 - A passionate commitment to Spanish is a deep tradition at The Wood Acres School with formal Spanish language instruction for our students beginning in the Three Year Old Program. The official designation as an International Spanish Academy, makes The Wood Acres School a truly a multi-cultural learning environment.
The Wood Acres School Photo #8 - Not only do the arts thrive at the Woods but STEAM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) also has a home here with a nationally recognized experiential science program as the adopted curriculum all nestled on 10 acres with walking paths, playfields, and places to laugh, learn, and linger with friends, old and new.
The Wood Acres School Photo #9 - The Wood Acres School plans and coordinates service learning to be a natural extension of our daily teaching, learning, and caring. Projects include bike-a thons for Smile Train, UNICEF projects, backpacks for hurricane students, Cool Girls clothing and accessory drive, MUST Ministry sandwich cross-grade project, pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House, Armed forces survival cord bracelet projects, and more!
- Known for academic excellence in private school education for 50 years! Visit us north of Atlanta in Marietta!
- Wood Acres is an independent school offering small class sizes,bilingual programming and an accelerated curriculum designed to challenge each child and encourage a natural love of learning.
- Preschool (2-4), Elementary School (K-5), and Middle School (6-8)
- A wooded 10 acre campus, cottage-style classrooms and talented,dedicated teachers provide an unparalled learning environment forstudents to grow academically, personally and socially.
- The Wood Acres School strives to prepare students to think critically, work collaboratively, problem solve creatively and express themselves fluently in both English and Spanish.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 20 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool tuition ranges from $4,700 - $8,200. Elementary School tuition ranges from $10,800 - $11,700. Middle School tuition ranges from $12,800 - $13,000. Complete tuition information can be found online at https://woodacresschool.org/affording-wa/|
|Admissions Director||Nicole Hankamer|
|Admissions Associate||Marcy LeSieur|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus/Glee Club, Junior Beta Club|
Club or Organization:
Book Buddies, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Science Club, Stem Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cardio Kool Kids Club, Soccer Club
- For more information about Wood Acres visit https://woodacresschool.org/fast-facts/.
- Schedule a private Preschool (2 years - 4 years ) campus tour Tuesdays - Fridays @ 770-971-1880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more informaiton about Preschool visit https://woodacresschool.org/early-school/
- Schedule a private Elementary (Kindergarten - Fifth Grade) campus tour Tuesdays - Fridays @ 770-971-1880 or email email@example.com.
- For more information about Elementary School visit https://woodacresschool.org/grammar-school/
- Schedule a private Middle (Sixth - Eighth Grade) campus tour Tuesdays - Fridays @ 770-971-1880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about Middle School visit https://woodacresschool.org/upper-school/
- Accepting new student applications for the 2019 - 2020 school year November - May. Rolling admissions. Apply today online: https://woodacresschool.org/why-wa/how-to-apply/
- Summer Camp 2019 is open to all incoming 3 year old students to rising 3rd grade students. Applications and registration information is online at https://woodacresschool.org/summer-camp/
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marietta Grades: PK-12 | 643 students
4385 Lower Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30068
(770)971-0245 2.2 PK-12
- Marietta Grades: K-12 | 446 students
955 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068
(678)784-5231 1.8 K-12
Wood Acres is a fantastic grammar school in East Cobb. The teachers are academically focused but at the same time, allow the students to be creative and artistic. The campus is beautiful and the students spend a lot of time outside learning. We love the school and everyone that is a part of the Wood Acres family.
- Posted by Parent - slern
Wood Acres is the best preschool and grammar school in East Cobb! They have a very strong academic focus and the teachers are so wonderful. Teachers have been at Wood Acres an average of 15 years or more. The campus is AMAZING! All classrooms have beautiful picture windows of the outside. We love Wood Acres because we feel like a family here!
- Posted by Parent - dndix
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.