High Meadows School
5.00 (2 reviews)
High Meadows School Photo #2 - CLASSROOMS- Our learning environments indoors are created to bring in as much natural light as possible to complement our outdoor learning spaces. High ceilings and flexible spaces allow our students to move about and participate in interactive academic lessons.
High Meadows School Photo #3 - Education Through Experience- Perpetuating each student's sense of wonder and desire to learn through a real-world, experiential curriculum.
High Meadows School Photo #4 - The Nature of Learning- Our 42 acres of woods, meadows, and gardens provide the perfect outdoor classroom for daily learning and exploration.
- Established in 1973 and located on more than 40 wooded acres in Roswell, Ga., High Meadows School is an independent, International Baccalaureate (IB) school focused on progressive education for students age three through eighth grade.
- As a member of the acclaimed IB Programme, High Meadows teaches children to meet the challenges of the future with an inquiry-based, integrated curriculum that inspires students to think critically, learn creatively, act globally and live compassionately.
- High Meadows is a school fully committed to the principles of progressive education, guiding and empowering our students to develop intrinsic motivation, take ownership of their learning, and learn to become confident self advocates.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007|
|Total Students||366 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Laura Nicholson|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- High Meadows is a private, non-profit, co-educational, independent, and non-sectarian day school in Roswell, Georgia serving three years of age through eighth grade. Since 1973, our school has inspired children to think critically, learn creatively, act globally and live compassionately. As a member of the acclaimed International Baccalaureate Programme, High Meadows is committed to ensuring that our students meet the challenges of the future.
- - We passionately believe in our Mission & Guiding Principles, making certain that they are reflected in our teachings in and outside the classroom.
- - We have a distinctive environment where children explore, inquire, learn, and become positive contributors to society. Our environment is a combination of many elements: the people, campus, use of space and, of course, our child-centered approach. We are much more than a school-we are a community. Parents are encouraged to be actively involved. And, High Meadows faculty take full advantage of our more than 40 acres of meadow and woodlands, using nature as an extension of the classroom.
- - The co-teaching model is used in Preschool through Fifth Grade. Two teachers work together to serve their entire class of students. This method offers numerous academic and personal growth benefits to our students.
- - Emphasis, a period of time when the entire High Meadows community studies a single subject, is a highlight of the academic year. Process, not product, is the key component to Emphasis.
- - Our authentic assessment methods give teachers, students, and parents common points of reference to guide continued progress-both on an individual and a whole-class basis. This information is noted and shared with parents in both formal and informal methods.
- - We are accredited and have many affiliations. The Anti-Defamation League recognizes High Meadows as a No Place for Hate school and we have been recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence as well as many recognitions for our environmental sustainability efforts.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marietta Grades: PK-12 | 643 students
4385 Lower Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30068
(770)971-0245 3.9 PK-12
- Marietta Grades: NS-1 | 58 students
2502 East Piedmont Road
Marietta, GA 30062
(770)509-1775 5.6 NS-1
- Roswell Grades: 4-12 | 257 students
700 Grimes Bridge Road
Roswell, GA 30075
(770)641-8688 2.8 4-12
High Meadows certainly knows what is best for children and the education my child has received does not compare to any other school. Their child-centered approach to education is amazing. My son has thrived here, the teachers are top notch and I could not imagine a better school. We are lucky to have a school like this in our city.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of a son in 3rd grade
Wonderful school where my children are thriving! This progressive school truly knows how to engage my children on every academic level, while allowing them to climb trees and taking in the amazing world around them.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of Two
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.